Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are four new Rackzilla steering racks coming.

Standard with stock steering ratio
Standard with quick ratio for faster steering

High Articulation with stock ratio
High Articulation with quick ratio for faster steering

The newest standard is the same rack they have been offering but with high articulation outer tie rod ends and HD tie rods with a new steering shaft. The difference in early model and this one is the addition of the ends and different steering shaft.

The High Articulation unit has the high articulation heim tie rod end same as the new standard but also a high articulation inner rod end which is a heim in a clevis verses the ball on the standard unit. The price on this unit is going to be higher though by about $200

So who needs or wants what?

The average guy can use the standard and the racer, extreme rider or owners with lifts would want the high articulation unit.

As soon as these are available which should be within two weeks from today Aug. 9th we will have them

Below is information about replacing the stock tie rods with aftermarket rods and ends for high articulation.

The present aftermarket HD tie rod assembly offerings are running $250 plus dollars to replace the inner tie rod end with a heim and clevis, billet aluminum rod and a heim outer tie rod. The issue is the inside pivot point should not be moved out further than it is now or it will create bump steer and if the inner clevis is not installed perfectly straight up and down you will get bind in the joint during suspension cycling. So not only are you creating possible new issues, you spending $250 on changing a weak stock rack. In our opinion use the $250 toward a whole new assembly with correct angles and all HD parts.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't yet, I can after aug 15th. Prices are changing then and I don't have exact pricing for the articulation yet either.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like the idea of having the quick steering ratio. Hmmmm

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah me too. The one I have coming for mine is the quick ratio high articulation. couple that with power steering then we got some handling going on!!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Can you PM me a prices? I am thinking a quick ratio high articulation rack zilla with power steering. I need a price on the rack and power steering 763-257-9229

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you PM me a prices? I am thinking a quick ratio high articulation rack zilla with power steering. I need a price on the rack and power steering 763-257-9229
The racks are not available yet, not sure when could be a week to three.

I will post something on here when they are. I will make you a package deal though

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Being that its a good month and a half later do you have your hands on a high articulation rack?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being that its a good month and a half later do you have your hands on a high articulation rack?
No, they are still testing them on can am race vehicles. I am supposed to be one of the first to know and get one when they start shipping

1 - 12 of 12 Posts