Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOPS , this is y ur always supose to have spotters kids.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
funny the quad guy was pissed at maverick , maverick dude said fuk u get a spotter dumb ass, lol

then walks over and picks up his light bar, lol :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That could have been SOOOOO much worse

·
Registered
448 Posts
Amazing everyone walked away. I hope that was a Totron lightbar and not one of those expensive Rigid deals. I wonder if they swapped insurance info?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wonder if the stock cage would have protected the Mav driver like that cage did...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Dumbass.........

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
If it was a expensive rigid bar rigid would warranty it.

So since I've never been to the dunes who is in the wrong here or is this just a freak accident.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I would say both, and no it's not that uncommon. The bonehead on the quad didn't have a spotter, and the knucklefuck in the Mav approached the back of a hill that if he'd been paying any attention to where he was going, would have seen several quads, SxS, and dirt bikes jumping. Dumb....Damn dumb.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
no body knows whats coming up a hill when they get to one, lol - unless there is a spotter,

they need taller fags I mean flags lol

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I wonder if the stock cage would have protected the Mav driver like that cage did...
nope, the driver of the mav would have a quad tire in his face. The stock cages do not have front intrusion bars.

just another reason to upgrade to a better cage, you cant trust the ohter guys skill or brain to stay away from you.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nope, the driver of the mav would have a quad tire in his face. The stock cages do not have front intrusion bars.

just another reason to upgrade to a better cage, you cant trust the ohter guys skill or brain to stay away from you.
that's the first thing I added to my stock one along with some other supports for now :)

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
no body knows whats coming up a hill when they get to one
Exactly my point Benzo. Not to say it couldn't happen to me, cuz it has, but I do try my best to make sure it doesn't by keeping my head on a swivel while riding. You never know what some other fool is going to do. I've seen it happen too many times, and seen too many people getting airlifted out from simply not paying attention.

Last Halloween, I had a sand car try to roost our little group of quads on our way to Olds. The sand car's left rear tire hit the nerf bar of my quad and sent me flying ass over head. Let's just say that afterwards, the driver had a sore jaw (when he woke up) and I had a busted knuckle.

That being said, even being on your gaurd isn't a gaurantee that some drunk jackass isn't going to do something unexpected, but you need to have situational awareness. Even though all he did was roll up on the hill, the Mav driver was oblivious to what was going on around him and imo, contributed eaqually to the outcome. Dumb...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The very 1st rule when jumping is to have a spotter, period. If a spotter was there, they would protect both parties, so in my opinion the guy jumping is at fault.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
True. Never said there shouldn't have been a spotter, but if you drive around with a bag over your head your bound to hit something......

And again...my point is you NEVER know what some other jackass is going to do. Maybe from 30 years of riding street bikes in So Cal, I ride a little more defensive...IDK

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya when im riding in the dunes im on egg shells looking around , lol

but ya spotter was needed

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think if you had this in front of a judge the quad would lose, again. If he's jumping, which he was, then when he's in the air he is not in control of his vehicle. So technically he'd be at fault. However since there were apparently no major injuries even if a LEO were there he would likely just tell them to cover their own damages and leave the area.
Love riding in the dunes and look forward to taking my Mav there for the first time this season but not sure how much longer I can take this stuff. Getting to the point where it's not 'if' something but 'when' something like this will happen. Been to lucky for to many years and starting to wonder when my time is coming. That's why the bike got sold anyhow.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Hopefully BLM will hurry up and open up the restricted areas between China wall, and Patton Valley. An additional 80,000 acres of riding area might help ease some of the congestion, although most will still stick to the most popular areas, ie; Olds, Comp, the Drags, Brawley slide, Flag pole, ect...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Hopefully BLM will hurry up and open up the restricted areas between China wall, and Patton Valley. An additional 80,000 acres of riding area might help ease some of the congestion, although most will still stick to the most popular areas, ie; Olds, Comp, the Drags, Brawley slide, Flag pole, ect...
is there talk of them doing so ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts