Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a '72 grabber, I'm not sure what to look out for pre purchase. The owner prior to the seller, did some amateur drag. Only mods seller posted were, racing shifter, wheels, and instruments. What should I look for specific to the '72 Maverick, and what should I look for if it's seen some drag, or common mods I want to ask about?
Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently found a '72 grabber, I'm not sure what to look out for pre purchase. The owner prior to the seller, did some amateur drag. Only mods seller posted were, racing shifter, wheels, and instruments. What should I look for specific to the '72 Maverick, and what should I look for if it's seen some drag, or common mods I want to ask about?
Thanks.
I think you have stumbled upon a different kind of Maverick. This forum is for the Can Am Maverick off road vehicles. I believe you are looking for the forums for Ford Mavericks. Unless if course you have a Can Am Maverick and a Ford Maverick and just want to talk about both.

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
While I read it, I kept thinking WTF ? Tim

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hahahahahaha........how do you sign up for a web site forum...... post a question...... and not once even look at the pictures all over ever page you land on nor read anything that is posted???

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
I am a die hard Ford guy and if I had to pick between a Duster and a Maverick, I'm taking the Duster.
There is only one car in my book worse than The maverick and that's a Pinto ! Tim

·
Registered
640 Posts
I had a 340 Duster! Loved it, when it was not broken.... to be fair... I beat the heck out of it!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I had a pinto and a vega,I miss the days of rubber timing belts. I'd take the pinto over the vega any day.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
That was back when bumpers were bumpers. Look at that som bitch! Lol I had forgotten how robust they were

·
Registered
78 Posts
Several 50s/60s/70s cars here, including a 351W potent Pinto (special order....lol)
We have had several old Fords. We still have a couple of pretty rare Ford motors in our garage. We dirt race Fords so we also have lots of nice Ford racing parts.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Several 50s/60s/70s cars here, including a 351W potent Pinto (special order....lol)
Just watch out for vans!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts