Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which route did you guys go? Did you get a complete front QE diff assembly(housing & everything) for a 2013 Limited Commander or did you buy the QE carrier only & install it in factory mav housing? If you used a complete Limited Commander housing is the gear ratio the same as the Mav? I assume so, just curious. Also are there any other parts needed besides P/S?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I pulled the whole diff a few days ago, opened it up and swapped internals. No prob and SO much easier with the Mav. I took some pics and planned to do a small how to with pics. Same all can am front diffs

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, looking forward to seeing it. Either way, its no problem for me. I assume it's alot cheaper with just the carrier. Have you got P/s on yours yet?

I pulled the whole diff a few days ago, opened it up and swapped internals. No prob and SO much easier with the Mav. I took some pics and planned to do a small how to with pics. Same all can am front diffs

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looking forward to your write up. Picking mine up tomorrow. Will likely be doing the diff swap and power steering install this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been reading a lot on here and just gathering information. Waiting till next years model before buying a Maverick but I saw this recently uploaded video on YouTube. I know everyone has guessed at the number of rotations of the Visco-Lok to engage. I know he wasn't always giving it gas but it should've still engaged more in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Myron the visco loc is a LSD that takes about 7 revs to lock up. The qe locks up at a half turn. It is important if you mud ride or like to climb stuff. If you are not into that kinda stuff I wouldn't bother with it

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got mine(QE) sitting here just going to wait to install it until I get my P/S unit. Now I see Wicked built has one, which is the better P/S unit SuperATV's or Wicked Built & why?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm not really into mud. but I do like to crawl around the rocks.. question is, if I engage the front diff a little before the obsticle, I should be fine right? How much is the QE upgrade?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Your tire has to loose traction for 7 revs before your regular visco loc will lock. If you get the qe it has to loose traction for a half turn and will lock up. U can find qe diffs on eBay occasionally but there is no guarantee of the condition. If you buy new then the vendor above sells them at a good price. If you just want the internals it's much cheaper. I did a how to on a qe diff swap it's in the how to section, not very hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts