Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 900 non turbo HO. So after a few hems and haws about going 4 square, I dropped the hammer on a new set of system 3 bronze wheels 15” 5/2 (1200 load rating btw) and a set of Kanati Mongrels 10 ply 28/10/15. So yeah when i got the tires i was disappointed with the diameter, that is until I mounted and aired them up. They crowned out nicely but still only got me to 27 1/4 dia. With 12 psi in them on the machine loaded. ( btw stock bighorns were 27.5 back and 26.5 front) While I was hoping for a truer 28” and a touch more ground clearance without a shock adj. that was not to be lol. At least i can say it’s no worse than stock so good there. First the system 3’s are well made/ finished and the tires while narrower in the back than stock does make for a nice square setup. With 5/2 offset I am basically only 1/2-1” wider per side so scrub radius will be good (out front) Just for those curious with this similar setup. I’m not a desert guy serious jumper and will be riding hard-pack, rocky dirt trails and sand pits 90% of the time not much mud. So hoping they do well but Dayam I’m likin the bronze with the red n black!

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the rears being skinnier out back, I’m expecting the rear end gonna be a lot more “playful” in 2wd

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Raise your car up, it's too low.

Reactions: Mr Ted

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny.... Actually it’s sitting at 13”1/2 all round which 13”is stock height on level concrete. Looks lower than it actually is. I’ll be adjusting the stock shock settings to bring it to 14 ish. BUT That being said it’s a bit higher than stock. remember it’s a 900 HO non turbo. It’s 1/2” higher off the ground as it was when it came off the showroom floor. The taller wheels make it look like it’s sitting lower than it actually is. It has gone everywhere I have ever pointed it. Not that I have pointed it everywhere per se, but pointed it in a lot of places that it should’ve argued and it never did. It will come up a little bit but it is literally no worse than stock the way it sits right now in fact it’s about a half inch higher than stock.

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny.... Actually it’s sitting at 13”1/2 all round which 13”is stock height on level concrete. Looks lower than it actually is. I’ll be adjusting the stock shock settings to bring it to 14 ish. BUT That being said it’s a bit higher than stock. remember it’s a 900 HO non turbo. It’s 1/2” higher off the ground as it was when it came off the showroom floor. The taller wheels make it look like it’s sitting lower than it actually is. It has gone everywhere I have ever pointed it. Not that I have pointed it everywhere per se, but pointed it in a lot of places that it should’ve argued and it never did. It will come up a little bit but it is literally no worse than stock the way it sits right now in fact it’s about a half inch higher than stock.

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could put these things 16 inches off the ground but with the long wheelbase they are always going to look like they’re sitting low especially in pictures with tall grass that I haven’t mowed yet LOL and the angle of the pic. I wasn’t planning any clutch work yet etc. etc. so I am perfectly OK with A little over stock height. I will probably Play with the ride height adjustment as it is currently stock to bring it up to 14 to 15 inches. But The tape measure don’t lie

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I completely agree though. It does look low and always did I am going to crank it up. If I get more inches out of it I will. I agree the shock looks totally soft at stock settings. This is my first experiment.So have some patience with a newbie LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
How do people like this tire as a general use tire? Have the "32 inch" version and notice a similar size discrepancy.

Are these as close to a 32" "BIGHRON 2.0" in versatility as I have read? Seems like the lug is a little more tight and doest dig into wet slick surfaces and mud as well as a bighorn.

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think what I don’t like about the big horns is that the space between the lugs is so big that in sharp rocks it leaves the carcass of the tire vulnerable to cuts. I only have a little over 400 miles on my machine and there are a ton of noticeable cuts in the carcass of those big horns. While I like their grip in most general conditions I’m basically waiting on a flat. Where i ride there is a lot of sharp shale and rocks that are just waiting for the opportunity to finish them off. Wanted more ply’ and a closer lug pattern to ward that off some. have one of the bighorns with a slow leak up front. Tread deep strong and grippy but carcass not so much

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mongrels not a huge fave in the mud from what I hear but you buy for where you ride the most

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is no “perfect” tire anymore than there’s a “ perfect” machine.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks good. Your black grill cover in the background makes it look like you've got a black veil over the engine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I didn’t know they made an x3 non turbo. Throw a turbo and intercooler on that and see what happens 😁. Nice wheels how much $ ??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts