Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my next purchase. Today we were in a very tight curvy area with mud, watch, trees, you name it. My half shield was filthy so I hit a stump I did not see. It spun the wheel extremely hard on me, so hard I wasn't prepared for it. I felt a pain, but wasn't prepared to see what I saw either. My damn thumb was nearly touching my wrist, horrible dislocation. Took me a minute to get my senses and pop it back in as it was rather unpleasant looking, but I did and seem fine. Little swelling and a good amount of pain...but damnit if I won't be doing power steering very soon. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not recommend this learning experience to any of you. And I assume had I had power steering it likely would not have happened? Anyway, quick message before I go ice some more...grumble.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That sucks hope your ok, glad I put it on right away. You will love it turns like butter

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Probably have to wait until next yr for me.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Drove a new commander X last night, can't say I was all that impressed with power steering. I was OVER steering like it was sloppy or something! I've always liked the natural feel of my steering, so I'm going to stay right where I'm at

·
Registered
229 Posts
Drove a new commander X last night, can't say I was all that impressed with power steering. I was OVER steering like it was sloppy or something! I've always liked the natural feel of my steering, so I'm going to stay right where I'm at
Just buy both. I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber commander as well. Some guy here has a maverick and commander

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, alright. Thumb sore and swollen. So installing super atv steering would stop this sort of thing?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
^^^^^ What he said :cool2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I drove the commander X with power steering before I got my Maverick, I was all over the grid road in the gravel.

Bought the maverick and it was solid as a rock, like a car it was so smooth.

Installed power steering and still ROCK solid, nothing like the commander X was.

Very pleased with my purchase and with power steering its a breeze to ride.

Here is a vid of my 11 year old driving with one hand for the first time.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
My buddies was factory ps, if it is way different then that, then I might consider it

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll deal with whatever...because I am pretty strong...and it happened so fast there was no stopping it. Lucky it didn't break the damn thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts