Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so for you guys that have driven the maverick , first off. did you have a commander ? or at least drive 1? my question is , how is the response of this bad boy. compared to the commander say from a stand still punch? is it as lagging as the commander was . and if this thing is made to pound whoops and scat around the desert, have they gotten rid of that abomination they call the shaft saver? if your going through whoops and getting air in the dunes wouldnt it make sense not to have the shaft saver? so any insight on these issues would be awesome thanx.........

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i have riden the maverick twice, i also own for a year now a commander limited. if you read about my test drive on this forum, i stated the throttle responce is so fast its like it knows your about to hit the pedal and takes off for you...lol..very fast, zero lag.yes i was on whoops, many in a row, no issues. first thing i noticed as the lack of lag time as in commander. the hp is intense. my ride was in a desert setting, hills, whoops, ruts, hard turns, it was perfect. i would give out first.
as to teh shaft saver, i have no clue on that, but i to would like to know if the shaft saver has been resolved. i was in flight briefly a few times and did not notice anything, but it was very brief, so i cant say on that and would like to know.. i guess a black box and it would be resolved anyways. great ride, less heat and i was on a machine that had been on all day in 98 degree desert in the afternoon on shorts. driver side no heat issues, passenger side slight heat just at my left calf only, but was not bad either.

ok so for you guys that have driven the maverick , first off. did you have a commander ? or at least drive 1? my question is , how is the response of this bad boy. compared to the commander say from a stand still punch? is it as lagging as the commander was . and if this thing is made to pound whoops and scat around the desert, have they gotten rid of that abomination they call the shaft saver? if your going through whoops and getting air in the dunes wouldnt it make sense not to have the shaft saver? so any insight on these issues would be awesome thanx.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts