Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm hoping there is reasonably priced mud guards/fender extenders in the works by someone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you dont like mud and mist thrown on you and you ride often where it is wet then dont even bother with a Wildcat. It throws up every little thing, it is so bad that I try to go around even the slightest puddle and it forced to go through or over even damp ground the strategy is to creep very slowly and when you get to dry ground very slowly gain speed to let the tires clear or else you get blasted.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you dont like mud and mist thrown on you and you ride often where it is wet then dont even bother with a Wildcat. It throws up every little thing, it is so bad that I try to go around even the slightest puddle and it forced to go through or over even damp ground the strategy is to creep very slowly and when you get to dry ground gery slowly gain speed to let the tires clear or else you get blasted.
yea i could see that! im almost betting the maverick is the same way ? and im with some of you that hope there are fender flares in the makes! if not ill make my own, but my god it takes forever.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yea i could see that! im almost betting the maverick is the same way ? and im with some of you that hope there are fender flares in the makes! if not ill make my own, but my god it takes forever.
I had some killer fender flares on my Teryx. They were made by Maier plastics, so I'm also hoping they make some flares.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
The shocks were too tight but the Fox shocks on the XRS is so sweet that it was a simple adjustment to fix the situation 4 10 12. 4 clicks out ont he low speed, 10 clicks out on the high speed, and 12 out of the rebound. This setup worked very well in the dunes. No more kick out in the rear and no more bottoming out on transitions. No need to replace these shocks with some after market setup like the XP guys do all the time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The shocks were too tight but the Fox shocks on the XRS is so sweet that it was a simple adjustment to fix the situation 4 10 12. 4 clicks out ont he low speed, 10 clicks out on the high speed, and 12 out of the rebound. This setup worked very well in the dunes. No more kick out in the rear and no more bottoming out on transitions. No need to replace these shocks with some after market setup like the XP guys do all the time.
On all for or just the rear. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
so all of you that are happy with the maverick and also have a commander or had a commander, how does the rear suspension feel on the maverick? it looks like they are designed totally different as in no more trailing arms.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Still smiling and I put 16 hrs on it over the holiday week. My shocks are currently adjusted all the way out on every adjustment. I will fine tune it from there. The best part about having these shocks is once you get use to how they perform, its a very easy adjustment when you add a passenger or your terrain changes.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
so all of you that are happy with the maverick and also have a commander or had a commander, how does the rear suspension feel on the maverick? it looks like they are designed totally different as in no more trailing arms.
I have a long travel commander with a suspension and shock setup that is extremely good but the Mav definitely has better setup but it needs to be tuned better than what you get from the factory. Fortunately that is easy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
so i'm assuming a lot of the bucking is taken care of? and the weird tendency it has of pushing the front end around when doing hill climbs? what do you all think of the lower speed ride quality? i know a lot of you spend your time flying through dunes but all i have is woods around here , so do you think the stock shocks can be adjusted to ride really plush at low speeds?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I didn't get just absolutely covered on mud last weekend in the Mav in fact my wife got it worse in the commander with fender flares. Might be the tires we were running tho. She was running terms and I had some silverbacks, who knows

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well I got my XRS Friday and to anwser my own question - yep, I'm still smiling. I only got to rip it down the road but I am so happy right now. This thing is nasty!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I rode my Maverick around the field for like 5 minutes. It's still in the trailer. I've had it for about 2 months and once all my goodies are on it...it's time to take it muddin'. No riding until it's the way I want it. That's my 'rule'. I do like the way it rides WAY better than my RZR. Out with the old...in with the new! :in love:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts