Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and figure some of you new owners will get a little seat time over the Christmas/New Year break. Just curious if there are any complaints or concerns. I know after I bought my Commander I had a few issues that bugged me but was still happy I bought it. Wondering what you guys think of your new rides.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: For those new Maverick owners, any complaints? or are you still smiling ear

I have 26 miles on it, and I am still extremely happy :):):):):):):) My only complaint so far is that the shocks were adjusted too stiff.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My biggest concern is that it's not as noisy as a Commander at high speed. I've driven the Mav but was only able to reach 45-50mph on the course they had set-up on demo day and it seemed pretty quite. There are times we will run 60+ mph for miles and don't want to deal with the loud noise that the Commanders have.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Love it so far, I'm sure there are gonna be some probs with it being a new model but can am had the comander to work out alot of bugs for future machines. That's why there is an updated rear diff, bigger tie rods and so on. I think they did there homework

·
Registered
72 Posts
So far, so awesome. Many details upgraded, this is what makes Can Am so strong! Always improving and adapting.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: For those new Maverick owners, any complaints? or are you still smiling ar.

I have another complaint. It's too fast!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep my shocks were way to stiff also. Adjusted them to the lowest setting for rebound & both compression setting. Now it soaks up big whoops at 63-65 mph easily. For you guys that may be on the fence, this car is Legit!!! IMO it makes my built Teryx seem like a toy car. So far, I would not hesitate to make the same decision to buy. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep my shocks were way to stiff also. Adjusted them to the lowest setting for rebound & both compression setting. Now it soaks up big whoops at 63-65 mph easily. For you guys that may be on the fence, this car is Legit!!! IMO it makes my built Teryx seem like a toy car. So far, I would not hesitate to make the same decision to buy. No regrets.
Good to hear. I'm already soaking up your suspension settings so when I get my Mav, hopefully I'll get it dialed in quick.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: For those new Maverick owners, any complaints? or are you still smiling ear.

I have another complaint. My friends are too slow now :(

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have another complaint. My friends are too slow now :(
Funny you say that, I was just thinking the other day how all my friends use to ride rhinos, teryx's, prowlers when they was the only choices. I bought a rzr s when they first come out and they became too slow lol. Now they ride rzr xp's, xp4, can am commander, ranger xp9 and their about to become too slow again lol. That just goes to show how the sport has evolved. Completely mind boggling.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Funny you say that, I was just thinking the other day how all my friends use to ride rhinos, teryx's, prowlers when they was the only choices. I bought a rzr s when they first come out and they became too slow lol. Now they ride rzr xp's, xp4, can am commander, ranger xp9 and their about to become too slow again lol. That just goes to show how the sport has evolved. Completely mind boggling.
Yeah but better enjoy it while it lasts b/c the Mav will get leap froged by another brand eventually, like they all do. But that just helps the SXS market.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here, love everything about it.... But shocks way too stiff and rear rebound too slow. Already made some changes for tomorrow, see how it goes

·
Registered
2 Posts
any of you go through any mud (not huge mud holes but normal trail mud) does the mud fling up behind and hit you in the back like the rzrs do??

my wife hated my old xp cause we would get so muddy for no reason. Im looking at a Mav but would like to know how it is...

thanks

HT

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How about a roof and back window?

·
Official Site Vendor
6,216 Posts
Only complaint we've heard from customers so far is shock stiffness. I think cognito will have to come out with a shock for it an it'll be even more amazing.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
HT. I did a demo ride in the Mav ( both versions) and it was crazy rain and 100% trail mud. I wasn't expecting to stay clean, but I was really disappointed with how much tire spray came in the cabin. The quad rider in front of the group was getting much less spray.

Can't compare to the RZR as I never drove one.

Mav was impressive for many other reasons though, but even the one with doors and roof was worse than I expected. Perhaps just not enough tire coverage.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was probably at the same demo ride as you. I think the spray off of the tires was less than the XP for sure, haven't driven a Widcat in the mud but I hear their worse than an XP. I drove an XRS without a roof/doors & my wife drove an XRS with the factory roof/no doors and was in the very front. She faired far worse than me, the muddy rain water was running off of the roof and spraying her in the face due to no drip rail built into the front of the roof. I had a blast but she was done. Looked at a roof on a new XRS they have at the dealer & it still has no drip rail - I will definately go aftermarket on the roof.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts