Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and wife had specifically made it a point to count all canam sxs on the recent trip, on the road up there and while on trails.

we counted 16 mavericks/max(3 were max, counting ours to) and 8 commanders. this was sxs only, there were several canams in atv, but we did not count those. most was on trails, a few were being towed to where ever they were going seen on the highway. 2 years back when out there in the commander we had, I saw none on canam sxs. of course there was only commander then in sxs to. strange enough, I did not see but 15 total popo sxs, I saw 1 cat, again, sxs only. we did see a lot of teryx, Honda, Yamaha mix to. maybe 50 atvs were seen of a mix of oems. like I said long ago, watch the balance shift, and it sure is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got up to about 10 or 12 for our recent mud bog event. Seemed like there were as many Mavericks as RZR 900s if not more.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats interesting is just over a year back, as they were showing the mav to come, several of the popo friends I had said canam would never hold even 10% of the us market in sxs, and atv. lol....now 2 of them own a maverick...go figure

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It looks the same as the 4th one from the right. Which is a 900 & same color & all.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I kind of live in a dead zone for can am because they ain't a decent dealer within 2 hrs from here .. No joke, ill see 20 rzrs to 1 can am and that's not even exaggerating one bit

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It looks the same as the 4th one from the right. Which is a 900 & same color & all.
maybe it has a wide A-arm kit because it is wider than the Maverick next too it...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Zoom on the pic and you can see 900 on LF fender plus those are fox shocks with the tighter coils at the bottom.

And the shitty old rzr seats!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Both were 2011 Rzr 900's with Diesels and pitbull tires I think. They were just a little wider is all. The silver one in the middle just right of mine was a stage one alba...and pulls me on the high end pretty well. Mine tops out at 74, he does 80 and gets there faster too. But I dust his ass on the trails. The Maverick all the way to the right blows my doors off, he's just a better driver with a lot more experience than I have. But I try to chase him down whenever I can. He's utterly fearless. He's also the one that went way too deep in that video I posted in the video section....lol. No fear about anything. Here's a clip from the Saturday ride...you can see he blows me away pretty easily. I don't know the trails at all, he's ridden there 15 years which is part of it in my defense...a little. ;)

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Your getting soft In your old age (Txchrist)i would have bet you would of told him he's a shitty driver a year ago lmao

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Never counted but every big ride I go to there are more and more mavericks, but in February down here there were already a lot of them

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Not knowing the trails makes a huge difference in my opinion....and following in his dust doesn't help either.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Your getting soft In your old age (Txchrist)i would have bet you would of told him he's a shitty driver a year ago lmao
LOL I dunno maybe so. He just isn't aggressive at all, even in the open sections he is part throttle. That trail was pretty wide open, nice trail there its closer to a road than a trail.

Not knowing the trails makes a huge difference in my opinion....and following in his dust doesn't help either.....
True but when the guy is right in front of you then you don't need to know the trail, he will clue you in to which way the trail will go. I wear goggles when behind someone to save the eyes but I thought that dust in the video wasn't that bad. When you can see NOTHING then yeah dust is a huge problem.

Anyway not trying to knock the guy so directly but it is what it is, some people lack the will for speed.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Everyone is entitled to an opinion....I personally wouldn't have ridden right on his tail because the dust was bad in spots directly behind him and if you we're going hard and he turned and you were in his dust and didn't catch the turn quick enough, you are into the trees at 50 mph. Is that fearless.....no. It is ignorance.....now had he known the trail like the back of his hand, that would be a different story. Could he have stayed closer, yes.....the dust dissipated pretty quickly so he could have kept within 5 lengths or so and still had good enough visibility to see and adjust......just my $.02

·
Registered
197 Posts
Everyone is entitled to an opinion....I personally wouldn't have ridden right on his tail because the dust was bad in spots directly behind him and if you we're going hard and he turned and you were in his dust and didn't catch the turn quick enough, you are into the trees at 50 mph. Is that fearless.....no. It is ignorance.....now had he known the trail like the back of his hand, that would be a different story. Could he have stayed closer, yes.....the dust dissipated pretty quickly so he could have kept within 5 lengths or so and still had good enough visibility to see and adjust......just my $.02
I agree we are pretty much on the same page, I am not saying stay right on his bumper although some people advocate that as the way to stay out of the dust. Watch this video, at 1:04 and again at 6:24 that what I call DUST as in you cannot see. They guy I am chasing made the track and is very used to it, he has been racing it for years, this was my first time on the track. It was far easier to go fast with him in front of me because he knew which way all the blind turns went and I did not.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ur hood is about to fly off

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ur hood is about to fly off
LOL yeah the dealer broke the tabs that secure it in the rear, they gave me a new hood but I have yet to put it on it is still wrapped in plastic in the box. I had screws in it to hold it down but after I put the winch in I did not put the screws through in the rear. The hood cannot go anywhere it is held in place by 4 bolts and the winch fairlead.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts