Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have they bin holding up? Are they holding the same rpm as when you put them on or did they weaken up a bit.. Just thinking with the heat and normal use

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My CVTech is doing fine. But with the horsepower and weight of these machines I'm a little scared as to whether it's going to hold up in the long run or not.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry but zero miles on mine with the upgraded clutches, well except a few runs down the street.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have QSC/STM set up in mine with Supermag cams, 57mm Throttle body, full exhaust, controller, sport mode low, etc with zero issues.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've had the cvtech since late February, no problems and belt still looks great. I don't run wide open all the time but when I do nail it, it still holds the rpm between 7700 and climbs to 8050. It does look cheap but it works great and really grabs the belt. It's nice knowing that I can go thru the nastiest mud holes without worrying about belt slippage

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Iv had the Full STM clutch set since the day they first went up for sale and I run them on a Turbo Rotax motor that Puts about 120HP to the Ground and they are still great and I don't ever think there will be a Problem.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have QSC/STM set up in mine with Supermag cams, 57mm Throttle body, full exhaust, controller, sport mode low, etc with zero issues.
I would like to hear more about your set up. Can you start another thread?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ive tried 3 times now and it wouldn't let me. I assume because I was a new member. It said "your post will not be viewable until a moderator approves it". I'll try again now that Ive made a few posts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It worked. My build info is in the new member intro section

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why? St22. Is there something wrong with the dalton kit?
I just bin really thinking about the qsc/STM combo. My kit is working ok but knowing how well the aftermarket ones are makes me want one. I would say my kit eased up a bit now that some heat and use went thru it, that's why I'm wondering how the aftermarket is doing after some trail riding and heat and compressing of the spring time and time again if its still holding true

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The springs in the gen 2 STM's are a lot bigger so I would think they would resist fading better.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I wish u would keep that set up in your maverick for a few months and keep everyone posted on how it's holding up. I don't think an aftermarket primary is necessary for everyone and it would be nice to have real world feedback from someone who isn't selling something. And it gives everybody another option!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the exact same clutches in my previous Maverick with 1300 miles on them. They have been in my new one for 320 miles with zero issues or fade. I do ALL kinds of riding from trails on stock tires, to deep mud on 32s. No issues with my set up. (knock on wood)

And Im not trying to sale anything. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Really put mine through some rough ridding this past weekend. Clutching worked great, now experiencing the loss of engine breaking when needed.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I like the engine breaking.. On the qsc/STM combo what mph do u have engine breaking to?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts