Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
seems like all were under 10 hour , half a dozen of them were with in 10-20 miles

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
i bet it would be hard to find 6 cases of this happening. I am still running on my recall bolt, waiting for the warranty to expire before upgrading to the Airdam or STM clutches is the sale of my kidney on the black market comes through. haha

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya not many exploded I guess like 4-6 of them total ?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine did not but I know two people personally and was told of four others just in the Shreveport bossier area! I do think the problem is more widespread than once believed. I have to assume most maverick owners just don't visit the forums.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
27 miles

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I know one guy here in Phoenix. Not on the forum but it happened at about 12 hours.

·
Registered
806 Posts
4 miles. There is way more than 4 of us.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i personally fixed 9 at mud nationals.

i have personally worked on 13 that had clutches blown up and sold replacement parts and clutches to more than a dozen more around here. this is not a 4-6 people problem, its more like a 100+ nationally problem

·
Registered
806 Posts
i personally fixed 9 at mud nationals.

i have personally worked on 13 that had clutches blown up and sold replacement parts and clutches to more than a dozen more around here. this is not a 4-6 people problem, its more like a 100+ nationally problem
Exactly. There's probably been more than 4-6 after the recall.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine went in for the 10 hour service and asked the dealer about this problem. They claim it was fixed on the model I have that shipped after feb 13.

Any views on this statement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
112 Posts
my dealer in edmonton, alberta here said he looked and he cannot find anything on a recall for the mavericks period?! :disappointed:

what do i tell him? :shocked:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine went in for the 10 hour service and asked the dealer about this problem. They claim it was fixed on the model I have that shipped after feb 13.

Any views on this statement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That's what he was told, and he might even believe it. But the only true fix as of right now is a QSC, STM, or ///AIRDAM aftermarket primary, as they are a locked together 1 piece primary, not a 2 piece belt slipping bolt tightening oem POS:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
my dealer in edmonton, alberta here said he looked and he cannot find anything on a recall for the mavericks period?! :disappointed:

what do i tell him? :shocked:
Call BRP! And/or print out some information off the Internet and show them what you are talking about. Also, maybe tell them to check on an "update"?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts