Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay maybe I’m crazy....do you need to have the brake pressed down to start maverick trail? I swear I haven’t pressed the brake to ever start it, but haven’t rode in a while. Went out today and wouldn’t start without pressing the brake. Maybe I’m losing it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure it's just when in gear that you need your foot on the brake to start it... but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure it's just when in gear that you need your foot on the brake to start it... but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Okay, thank you. Definitely had it in park. I thought something was off. It only has about 20 miles on it so I’m new to the machine. I’ll have to take another look at things tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have to apply the brake in any gear other than park. In park sometimes I need to rock the machine a little to get it fully into park.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to apply the brake in any gear other than park. In park sometimes I need to rock the machine a little to get it fully into park.
okay good to know about rocking it. Hopefully that was my issue! I’ll try it when I get home. Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
174 Posts
Yep. This.👆

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Sport and an X3. They both occasionally will not start in park unless you depress the brake pedal. Happened 5 or 6 times on the Sport and 2 or 3 times on the X3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts