Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a Post from Brian....aka Bayou Bogger on Mav Addiction I was curious as to how I go about getting the So called good 364 Belt that cost more because it was different... Here are my findings

This is copy and pasted from the Email my Friend and dealer owner got this AM after i questioned him about trying to get the elusive 364 belt... Had a UTVRR race team last year and so they were using the "race belt" last year on commander... So i knew he had connection to get true answer... Here it is.... I don't care if anyone believes or not but i have no reason to lie or want to pay more for the same belt that someone tries to sell for more money because they are taking advantage of people that don't know different....and arent privileged to info.... And that was me until today on this whole belt deal..... There are many threads that debate this and I wanted to let everyone know ....

Hi (Dealer Owner),

There are 2 belts part number for the Maverick

715900212 is the production number and 900280364 is the ''proto'' number.

These 2 belts are just exactly the same other than the part number.

These belts are even better than the old race belt we had before.
My opinion is that these 2 belts are the best you can find for the Maverick at this time.

The 900280364 is only available at the race shop.

Simon

·
Registered
998 Posts
Some sketchy information being passed around, glad a dealer belt is the same as the 364 belt

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Funny you posted this. I just bought a spare belt, # 715900212. Only belt that's being sold to public I was told. He even said mander guys are buying this belt also because its the better belt. Then said simply same belt, save your money.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Hmmm. Seems that even dealers aren't priviledged to that info. I had an argument with my dealer about the belt. He told me the 212 was a different belt, but it was the ONLY replacement belt Can Am offered for the Mav. So I bought a 364 belt thru AIRDAM. Interesting to hear they are the same, just different part #'s.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Meh.....that's what I figured all along!

i have both hanging on my wall. i am probably one of the few that have the ability to hold both in my hands at the same time. there are differences beyond just the part number. the material used on the bottom layer of the belt is a different color, so i can only assume its a different rubber compound. the price difference is a good piece as well. i pay right at $50 bucks more for the 364 belt than i pay for the 212 belt, and they both come from the race department. why would someone sell me two identical belts, for a completely different price. to paint a number on the belt does not cost them an additional $50, but they charge me that much more for it. if its metal, i can tell you all about it, but being that the belts are rubber, i dont have the mechanical background to break down rubber and tell its differences. visually i can tell you the belts have a different color to them. so somethin has gotta be different.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have both hanging on my wall. i am probably one of the few that have the ability to hold both in my hands at the same time. there are differences beyond just the part number. the material used on the bottom layer of the belt is a different color, so i can only assume its a different rubber compound. the price difference is a good piece as well. i pay right at $50 bucks more for the 364 belt than i pay for the 212 belt, and they both come from the race department. why would someone sell me two identical belts, for a completely different price. to paint a number on the belt does not cost them an additional $50, but they charge me that much more for it. if its metal, i can tell you all about it, but being that the belts are rubber, i dont have the mechanical background to break down rubber and tell its differences. visually i can tell you the belts have a different color to them. so somethin has gotta be different.
Adam... been textin ya and callin about parts and belt but no aval.... This is not pointed to you but was for my own benefit as I was trying to get a 364 belt but couldn't get any contact back from you.....You saw who this came from so I don't think he would put this info out and outright lie to the public... Also I have put about 4 of the dalton springs on friends secondarys now and have compared there 212 belts against my 364 and they looked the same... Thats why I was pushed to find out the truth, and for the money aspect too....

I see Adam don't answer his phone but he has time to get in this forum and beat his chest.... Lol
I wish that was different....Good guy and very knowledgeable ...... Loosing Loyal Customers that have defended everything he has preached...

·
Registered
468 Posts
After a Post from Brian....aka Bayou Bogger on Mav Addiction I was curious as to how I go about getting the So called good 364 Belt that cost more because it was different... Here are my findings

This is copy and pasted from the Email my Friend and dealer owner got this AM after i questioned him about trying to get the elusive 364 belt... Had a UTVRR race team last year and so they were using the "race belt" last year on commander... So i knew he had connection to get true answer... Here it is.... I don't care if anyone believes or not but i have no reason to lie or want to pay more for the same belt that someone tries to sell for more money because they are taking advantage of people that don't know different....and arent privileged to info.... And that was me until today on this whole belt deal..... There are many threads that debate this and I wanted to let everyone know ....

Hi (Dealer Owner),

There are 2 belts part number for the Maverick

715900212 is the production number and 900280364 is the ''proto'' number.

These 2 belts are just exactly the same other than the part number.

These belts are even better than the old race belt we had before.
My opinion is that these 2 belts are the best you can find for the Maverick at this time.

The 900280364 is only available at the race shop.

Simon
Yep I posted it in the Maverick Addiction and After speaking with WVRidgeRider and finding this info out, we have since corrected the misinformation. One good thing about the forums and also the Facebook group is the level at which we all communicate with each other. In the end its about helping each other out and putting the information out there to assess the difference between what we think is correct and what in fact IS correct.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the material used on the bottom layer of the belt is a different color, so i can only assume its a different rubber compound.
Factual statements should never be made based off of assumptions. It almost always causes confusion. And as far as the price difference goes, its could possibly be because the 364 belt is considered a "race" belt. Same concept out here in the industrial world. A product that is identical in every aspect will cost a regular consumer 10 bucks, but because its labeled "industrial" and being purchase by an industrial company we pay 50 for it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is there anywhere online to buy a belt I smoked mine yesterday

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
if no vendor has them and u have a ebay account there are a few on there for 159 shipped

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
On these 101hp beast, we prolly shouldn't go past 1000 miles. IMHO. But, I'd like to try and get 2000 miles out of one. I doubt I'll leave it in that long though.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
how did u end up smoking it ?
Stupidity [video=facebook;10151580691721108]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151580691721108[/video]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had the clutch cover off installing my Muzzy's. Figured I would check the numbers on the original belt and my spare. I will get a better look when I remove the belt to install the QSC/STM and post pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Interesting. I just purchased a new belt thru Kris with my clutch set up.so we'll see what number I get.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I disinegrated my oem belt last weekend at just under 800 miles. But.....I abused the hell out of it, so I wasn't to suprised or upset.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts