Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one? I have a cheapo Sunjoe electric pressure washer that I only use for vehicles and a $30 foam lance from Lowe's, it works great! I have found Chemical Guys soap to be some of the best, but their "Tough Mudder" formula isn't very good. The Honeydew one works best for me on paint, have you guys found any soaps that are good for all the plastic on the Maverick?

Am I the only one who doesn't think the more mud left on my machine the cooler it looks? I want to keep it looking new 馃榿

Registered
I use a Foam Cannon as well. I detail my ride after every trip. That way with all my toys. Some feel it's a waste of time,,, that's just me,,, but then they usually buy a Cannon when they inevitably ask how I keep it so clean. I've always kept my stuff clean like that,,, the Cannon isn't the reason it's clean,,,, just makes it a little easier.

Usually when someone sees my car they ask me if I ever take it out. :rolleyes:

I generally find the things I need to fix while going over it with a fine tooth during the cleaning process. Also,,, I find keeping it like that makes it sell easily and at top dollar when it's time to upgrade.

I like the Honeydew soap as well,,, but I've used several, some not "intended" for the Cannon. They all seem to work just fine.

Registered
Man I just use dawn in my soap cannon cut though everything and cheap ass He鈥檒l

Reactions: Mr Ted and Ledfoot

Premium Member
I also use a foam cannon made by Chemical Guys and use all there products! Honey Dew is a great one and Mr Pink work great for foaming. The Tough Mudder i didn't notice a difference at all. After washing i use a can of SC-1 on plastics! And VRP from CGs! For the tires. Their products have always done good for me!

Registered
do you add dawn straight to the cannon bottle of do you thin it out some with water - tell us your secret formula
I just add a really good squirt like a 1鈥 In the bottom maybe abit more then hot water honestly think it鈥檚 better the my chemical guys melon or mr pink ,and yes I have both at home and still use dawn ..

Reactions: Bigtreads

Premium Member
I also use a foam cannon made by Chemical Guys and use all there products! Honey Dew is a great one and Mr Pink work great for foaming. The Tough Mudder i didn't notice a difference at all. After washing i use a can of SC-1 on plastics! And VRP from CGs! For the tires. Their products have always done good for me! View attachment 264646

bad ass, I love my foam gun

Reactions: JUSTA6

Registered
I also use a foam cannon made by Chemical Guys and use all there products! Honey Dew is a great one and Mr Pink work great for foaming. The Tough Mudder i didn't notice a difference at all. After washing i use a can of SC-1 on plastics! And VRP from CGs! For the tires. Their products have always done good for me!
View attachment 264646
No OCD here...nope none at all. Also, the towel absorber is one additional pegboard hole over compared to the foam cannon...can't have that asymmetry HAHA!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I also use a foam cannon made by Chemical Guys and use all there products! Honey Dew is a great one and Mr Pink work great for foaming. The Tough Mudder i didn't notice a difference at all. After washing i use a can of SC-1 on plastics! And VRP from CGs! For the tires. Their products have always done good for me! View attachment 264646
thatisawesome.gif

Registered
Ive got a Chemical Guys cannon but think cannons in general are overrated. Great show for the kids but doesnt replace a good ol sponge and bucket with some elbow grease.

You gotta get in there and SCRUB for good results. No way around it.

Registered
You gotta get in there and SCRUB for good results. No way around it.
Agreed,,, but the Cannon is an easy way to apply the soap/suds to ALL the nooks and crannies in the engine, tubing, frame etc. The foaming action does aid in braking up the small stuff so it's easier to remove.

It can obviously be done without the cannon,,, it's just easier with.

High pressure rinse, hit the greasy spots/engine/mechanicals with some diluted Simple Green, Cannon, Scrub, high pressure rinse, hand dry, blow out all nooks/crannies with high pressure air,,,, only way to get her "clean" IMO. Followed by a quick shot of grease at all pertinent locations.

Been doing all my toys/vehicles like this forever. Always good results.

Registered
I have a chemical brothers cannon and use their soap. I use it after every weekend trip. Still need to wipe by hand though. But the cannon works great to get into all the books and crannies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Well I am kind of a tight wad when it comes to this. I did buy one of the ElCheapo cannons from Amazon and it is a POS. I mean junk.
So if a tight wad guy was going to buy a cannon, what would you recommend?
Just a little FYI, I don't usually wash often. I mean, I ride about every week. Trail is about a mile from driveway.
It isn't a lot of good to sit in garage 4 days, well maybe 3, to go out and get dirty again 5 minutes from house.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Well I am kind of a tight wad when it comes to this. I did buy one of the ElCheapo cannons from Amazon and it is a POS. I mean junk.
So if a tight wad guy was going to buy a cannon, what would you recommend?
Just a little FYI, I don't usually wash often. I mean, I ride about every week. Trail is about a mile from driveway.
It isn't a lot of good to sit in garage 4 days, well maybe 3, to go out and get dirty again 5 minutes from house.
This is the one I use, I've only tried Chemical Guys soaps and this works awesome with those. Also this is with a cheap Sunjoe electric pressure washer. I haven't tried it with the home brew mixes of soap.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SurfaceMaxx-3700-Foam-Cannon/1000731344

Registered
My wife got me the Slick Products foam cannon and it works great. I use it to clean my cars too...The more suds, the better the cleaning.. I still hand wash, just use the cannon to spray soap everywhere and knock down some of the high spots...

Reactions: bigstickjddi
1 - 20 of 22 Posts