Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
LOL. That was graceful. Only laughing cuz nobody got hurt, and I've done similar shit myself (on a quad).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont know if the stock cage or stock tie rods are a bigger piece of crap. I laid mine on its side at disney this weekend and bent the cage about 4-6 inches. Wasnt a bad rollover though. Good thing i already bought a pile of 1 3/4 .120 wall for a new one.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hey west tx. I work in odessa 6 months out of the year so I'm here all the time. I'm selling my factory cage, so if you are interested let me know. I'm also bringin my Mav out here next month to try Kermit out. I'd love to meet up with some other Mav owners out here to ride

·
Registered
707 Posts
Think I'm fixing to take a consulting job in west Texas. Maybe if I take it we can all get hooked up on a ride

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
I rolled my maverick and broke that same piece on the rear driver side. It's the LH inner fender and was $32.50 from the dealer.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Glad everyone is ok. What is the procedure for starting up after a roll or flip? The owners manual says don't start it and take it to the dealer for service. Is that just to let the oil run back down to the crankcase or something else? Hopefully I will never have to know but ....just in case!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I dont know if the stock cage or stock tie rods are a bigger piece of crap. I laid mine on its side at disney this weekend and bent the cage about 4-6 inches. Wasnt a bad rollover though. Good thing i already bought a pile of 1 3/4 .120 wall for a new one.
Im going to look at the the entire maverick and look if anything else is broken or bent just to be safe. Hopefully nothing else is wrong.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey west tx. I work in odessa 6 months out of the year so I'm here all the time. I'm selling my factory cage, so if you are interested let me know. I'm also bringin my Mav out here next month to try Kermit out. I'd love to meet up with some other Mav owners out here to ride
I will keep that in mind thanks! If you want to go a little farther, you should to the rattlesnake round up at Little Sahara in April. It's a HUGE dune riding event.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I rolled my maverick and broke that same piece on the rear driver side. It's the LH inner fender and was $32.50 from the dealer.
Is it the part with the screw or bolt in it that makes everything secure? If so, that's not too expensive at all.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Glad everyone is ok. What is the procedure for starting up after a roll or flip? The owners manual says don't start it and take it to the dealer for service. Is that just to let the oil run back down to the crankcase or something else? Hopefully I will never have to know but ....just in case!
Our flip was really quick and we stood around for awhile and talked. She started right back up. Now, for a more serious roll that lands it upside down for awhile, then yeah maybe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yea i saw you out there this weekend your mav is pretty nice, i had the red max. Where did you get your sand paddles from and do they make much of a difference on it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yea i saw you out there this weekend your mav is pretty nice, i had the red max. Where did you get your sand paddles from and do they max much of a difference on it.
Really, awesome! Thanks, I've never seen an all red Mav and I liked it. There's a night a day difference of having sand paddles and just having the big horns. Not to bring up the accident, but is the guy alright that got run over? I was there helping with the stretcher. Glad to know there were forum riders out there.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Really, awesome! Thanks, I've never seen an all red Mav and I liked it. There's a night a day difference of having sand paddles and just having the big horns. Not to bring up the accident, but is the guy alright that got run over? I was there helping with the stretcher. Glad to know there were forum riders out there.
Oh and I got them from Rocky Mountain. There's a coupon code on this forum too for 10% off, however, that may exclude wheels/tires.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Went over backwards on a hill climb. Made 1 roll backwards and then onto the passenger side. Stood it up let it set about 15 min, didn't even smoke much when we fired it back up
Wow, that's crazy. But it's good she started right back up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea he's good, They had the helicopter already in flight from lubbuck. He was my boy and we were taking turns jumping the hill, come to find out our spotter wasnt so great at spotting..... They though he broke his back becuase he lost all feeling below his neck but ended up walking out of the hostpital that night with just cuts and bruises, got real lucky.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts