Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Notes to remember:

- A few well known companies offer a 24-60 month unlimited mile warranty, but the contract clearly states that gradual wear and tear of a covered part isn't covered. The "gradual" makes it difficult to predict. I've witnessed some machines over 3,000 miles approved for a replacement part whereas some machines with 1900 miles will be denied. It's a terrible situation to be in whether you're the dealer or the end user because the coverage isn't consistent.

- Remember, the dealer plays a role when reporting the claim. When the service department is grumpy, too busy, or lacks customer service simply pick a different dealer

- The inspector is the wild card because anyone could be assigned to your unit if the claim exceeds over 750-1500 dollars. One inspector may not know the difference between a turbo and non turbo setup whereas another inspector may notice all the changes.

- I can't stress how important it is to clean your machine before dropping it off at your favorite garage. I know some people get annoyed the machine failed and deliver it straight to the dealer from the trail or farm. This is a terrible idea and most likely will cost you money if a picky inspector is assigned to your vehicle as they may determine misuse or abuse.

- Provide your service records if an engine, transmission, or front differential failure occurs while dropping off your unit. You be surprised how often some companies approve transmission claims over the phone vs sending out an inspector if service records readily available.
Don't hesitate to call if you'd like to discuss this plan in more detail.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Copy of the Contact (PDF File) : http://www.kbmotorsports.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=12

Ultimate Plan Price Increases:
$849 24 Months
$899 36 Months
$999 48 Months
($0.00 Deductible)

New Surcharges
-MudPro, XMR, MudPro, Highlifter Edition adds 440$.
-Factory Turbo adds 85$.
-Optional Lift Kit/ Larger tire package adds 200$.
-Factory installed HVAC adds 385$.

On the bright side those who were on the fence due to tire selection can simply pay $200 more to avoid any potential issues at the dealer regarding oversize tires and/or lift. I'm not a fan of the 440 surcharge on the factory snorkeled machines, but those units had higher failure rates hence the significant increase in price.

American Powersports Service Contract
270-774-1982
Howdy KB Motorsports,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but reading through the PDF copy of the contract "UTV" which I am "ASSUMING" the X3 is considered, is NOT covered under the Ultimate plan, they list ATV as being covered but I see NOTHING that says they cover UTV under the Ultimate plan. My machine a CAN AM X3 Maverick XRC, was bought brand new in late August of 2018, it is still covered under the 6 month factory warranty, if my machine can be covered and serviced by any qualified shop wherever I happen to be in the country I would be VERY interested in purchasing this plan.

Dave

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Howdy KB Motorsports,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but reading through the PDF copy of the contract "UTV" which I am "ASSUMING" the X3 is considered, is NOT covered under the Ultimate plan, they list ATV as being covered but I see NOTHING that says they cover UTV under the Ultimate plan. My machine a CAN AM X3 Maverick XRC, was bought brand new in late August of 2018, it is still covered under the 6 month factory warranty, if my machine can be covered and serviced by any qualified shop wherever I happen to be in the country I would be VERY interested in purchasing this plan.

Dave

The X3, Maverick, Defender, and Commander are all covered under the ultimate plan with 0.00 deductible. Dave, please feel free to call 270-774-1982 to discuss the plan in more detail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my x3 from a guy that used it 18hrs its in mint condition but is out of factory warranty is there anything out there for a machine like mine?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Unfortunately, the price increases are out of our hands. I had a few conversations about the price being more expensive today than 4-5 months ago. The service is great, consistent, and the freedom to select your favorite service shop for repairs is priceless.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bought a 48 month plan a couple days ago.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
323 Posts
Any reviews for American Powersports service contracts? I paid more for my extended warranty (Western Service Contract Corp) and it says i can cancel within 60 days if I haven't made a claim. I'm thinking of canceling and going with American Power Sports. Has anyone canceled with Western Service before?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts