Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing some research on sand tires... And yes, I searched so don't bash me if this is a silly question! :)

I want to re-use my XRS beadlocks and fit on some paddles and smooth buffs.

What tires will fit the factory XRS wheels?

Has anyone fitted paddles to the factory XRS wheels? If so, can you please share your setup/specs.

I know the bighorns are 27x9x12 in front, and 27x11x12 in back.

Thx everyone!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I ran STU blasters on my stock Xrs rims and they worked but they work MUCH better on a 10" wide rim.
I think the same will be true for the skats.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can use your XRS wheels. I run 26x11?x12 skats on the back & 27x8x12 stu's smoothies on the front
Thx! I'll look into that.

I ran STU blasters on my stock Xrs rims and they worked but they work MUCH better on a 10" wide rim.
I think the same will be true for the skats.
Ya? I am debating whether I want to just set it up for the sand or just buy another set of cheap steelies to use with the sand tires. I'll keep this in mind, thx dog.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ya? I am debating whether I want to just set it up for the sand or just buy another set of cheap steelies to use with the sand tires. I'll keep this in mind, thx dog.[/QUOTE]

I bought a set of stock take-off Xrs rims to mount my paddles on. Then I switched the paddles to some 10"rims because they dug in too much. Now, very noticeable difference on a 10" rim. Alot more floatation so the paddles are much easier to keep spinning

·
Registered
44 Posts
That makes sense... What's your opinion on smooth buffs vs. mohawks on the front?
I'd like to know what the answer is to this too. I heard that buff smoothies give a better ride and turn ok , but the ridge tires corner and handle sharp turns better, but may dart left and right a bit still holding a fairly dependable line. I ended up with the buff smoothie sand slingers due to a good price new at Amazon. But I may have made a mistake because I wanted a tire that can stick on sand trail type dunes lined with trees. We'll see. For the most part on open dunes, I think these will be fine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Upgrade the headlock bolts. I ended up going with some stainless steel grade 8 bolts

2014 White/Red XRS-DPS (under the knife at Gforce Engineering)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts