Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice install. I still don't think there is anything we're gonna be able to do with heat, except remove the cat causing the inferno.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Talked to the guys at one of our local offroad shops about that stuff. They swear by it. Lets us know what you think after your install.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to the guys at one of our local offroad shops about that stuff. They swear by it. Lets us know what you think after your install.
Hopefully will fit it this coming weekend, I might put one of those little stickers that monitor temps just to see how hot it does get..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice work. the air gap will keep the heat away.

i did this a year ago and have not had any heat issues at all.

Looks a very similar design.. can't quite see in your picture but have you got a stay supporting the rear of your tray?? I was thinking of putting something there but it does seem very solid as it is. Its held on with 2No M12 bolts..

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Looks a very similar design.. can't quite see in your picture but have you got a stay supporting the rear of your tray?? I was thinking of putting something there but it does seem very solid as it is. Its held on with 2No M12 bolts..
Yes I have a center arm that goes to thd frame between the exhaust. With high speed bouncing or in a wreck you don't want a Battery coming loose and hitting you or creating a fire.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have a center arm that goes to thd frame between the exhaust. With high speed bouncing or in a wreck you don't want a Battery coming loose and hitting you or creating a fire.
I think I will add a support as extra security I'm about to cover 2000 - 3000 miles in Morocco on some very rough tracks...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I folded the channels from 2mm steel the dims are 20mm 50mm 20mm. The 2 sides are channels and the rear is from the same material but only an L shape as it has less load on it. The front is a piece of 50x5mm flat fixed to the box section of the frame with 2 M12 bolts...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since fitting this battery and now I have the Zircotec heat shield material on the bottom of it I no longer have the problem of the starter turning over slow when warm...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Very nice clean job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts