Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting tired of stuff not fitting right. First it was my EMP roof having a huge gap in the front and I had to return it. Now my new driver side door isn't fitting right. Passenger door is great but the driver side just isn't working out. Then on top of that Im reading about guys with UTV roofs not fitting right etc etc. Where is all the quality control on this stuff??? Sorry Im rambling. Anyways has anybody with a 2014 had any issues with their Bstar doors not fitting right? I installed the door jam, striker, latch etc and lined everything up. Then I go to bolt down the bottom of the door where it attaches to the seat belt bracket and I see this.
I got the door pushed back as far as it will go where it attaches to the cage
I guess Im gonna call Bstar and tell them my issue and see what they think. This sucks :sad:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It looks like they sent a 2013 maybe? I had no issues. They will take care of you, they shipped the wrong ones to me when I bought...intercepted them, and shipped new ones before the others were even back. And the owner was talking to me, he did all the changes etc. Pretty damn cool.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing is I didn't get them directly from Blingstar, I got them from a forum sponsor. I'm wayyyyy past their return deadline. We'll see what Bstar says

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Know how ya feel. That sucks. Good luck to you in getting it resolved...remember the "squeaky wheel gets the grease"! Let us know what happens.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the part number for the 2014 maverick doors?
4006-TXT. Whats weird is I cant find the Maverick doors on Blingstars website, only the Commander doors. Im thinking about just widening the hole on the stock seatbelt bracket to make it work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im getting tired of stuff not fitting right. First it was my EMP roof having a huge gap in the front and I had to return it. Now my new driver side door isn't fitting right. Passenger door is great but the driver side just isn't working out. Then on top of that Im reading about guys with UTV roofs not fitting right etc etc. Where is all the quality control on this stuff??? Sorry Im rambling. Anyways has anybody with a 2014 had any issues with their Bstar doors not fitting right? I installed the door jam, striker, latch etc and lined everything up. Then I go to bolt down the bottom of the door where it attaches to the seat belt bracket and I see this.
I got the door pushed back as far as it will go where it attaches to the cage
I guess Im gonna call Bstar and tell them my issue and see what they think. This sucks :sad:

Can you make a small bracket to fish pate them?? make it out of something laying around??

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
for the price of these items, I would not accept having to fabricate or modify anything to make them fit......there is no way the OEM tolerances are that far off. Something was built wrong and should be replaced with the correct fitting parts.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Believe it or not I could. I just happen to have some flat bar laying around I could cut up and drill. Just goes to show I do not have a fabricators sense of thinking lol. Thanks for the suggestion and now my problem has been solved.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for the price of these items, I would not accept having to fabricate or modify anything to make them fit......there is no way the OEM tolerances are that far off. Something was built wrong and should be replaced with the correct fitting parts.
I agree completely but I just don't want to fool with trying to return it and paying shipping etc. I spoke to the place I got it from today and they wouldn't let me return it because Ive had them to long and it goes against their policy. I haven't contacted Blingstar yet but I'll probably go the route above and just make it fit. Im lazy lol!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Absolutely correct.... but sometimes shipping them back isn't worth the hassle, now a rebate is not out of the question.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can't you just ship back the piece the door hinges off of or are they not removable doors? I can see shipping the entire door back would be spendy but not just the rear triangle piece.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
can't you just ship back the piece the door hinges off of or are they not removable doors? I can see shipping the entire door back would be spendy but not just the rear triangle piece.
You cant separate the two pieces.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You cant separate the two pieces.
bummer.....I was hoping the doors were removable like the TurnKey doors....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....that's why I like my TurnKey doors!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts