Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the my first true ride with the mav. We put about 60 miles on some really extreme trails. I'm just going to put it this way the good and the bad.

The good. The ride, it rides like a dream it soaks up rocks ruts and down trees great. The power to climb awesome, you punch and it goes. Its good on gas for all the power.

The bad. Its hot, and it was only 75 out. The visco lok well it sucks, my arms where beat after a day of hill climbing. And I've got a clunk when my suspension flexes. I just seen a thread on that so maybe i can find that.

All in all I like the maverick I think I just need a few more mods, Power steering is going to be first on my list. And everyone is riding a rzr now, they where everywhere. We only seen on other maverick.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah, get yourself a power steering setup. Also, contact AReed for his dual rate shod setup. There are a few people that have that setup and love it. Also, have you looked I to getting a more heavy duty skid plate? I bumped my skid the other day and when I changed the oil, there was a giant divet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yesterday was the my first true ride with the mav. We put about 60 miles on some really extreme trails. I'm just going to put it this way the good and the bad.

The good. The ride, it rides like a dream it soaks up rocks ruts and down trees great. The power to climb awesome, you punch and it goes. Its good on gas for all the power.

The bad. Its hot, and it was only 75 out. The visco lok well it sucks, my arms where beat after a day of hill climbing. And I've got a clunk when my suspension flexes. I just seen a thread on that so maybe i can find that.

All in all I like the maverick I think I just need a few more mods, Power steering is going to be first on my list. And everyone is riding a rzr now, they where everywhere. We only seen on other maverick.
thats good then you don't have to ride what everyone else is riding

·
Registered
164 Posts
there are also things you can do to get some of the heat out of the cab wrap the exhaust , heat shield the under side of the plastics, gut the cat to name a few

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Defiantly looking at power steering.

I have my pipe wrapped. Do you have to split the cat to gut it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you ride powerline??

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have my pipe wrapped.
Man, and its still that hot? That sucks to hear, I have yet to ride mine when its warm out, so I kinda worried. How are all the guys out west doing it in the dunes with the high heat??

Do you have to split the cat to gut it
I'd like to know this as well??

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Man, and its still that hot? That sucks to hear, I have yet to ride mine when its warm out, so I kinda worried. How are all the guys out west doing it in the dunes with the high heat??

I'd like to know this as well??
I have my pipe wrapped and have lined all of my interior panels and have ridden in 110+ temps and the interior panels were ambient temps except the passenger side right next to where the coolant hose runs. I covered it with a foam pipe wrap and now it too is ambient temp. I also put a foam pad in my cup holder to keep the heat from coming up thru the drain holes and cooking my drink.......

IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0204.JPG IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0346.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have my pipe wrapped and have lined all of my interior panels and have ridden in 110+ temps and the interior panels were ambient temps except the passenger side right next to where the coolant hose runs. I covered it with a foam pipe wrap and now it too is ambient temp. I also put a foam pad in my cup holder to keep the heat from coming up thru the drain holes and cooking my drink.......

View attachment 10041 View attachment 10042 View attachment 10043 View attachment 10044 View attachment 10045 View attachment 10046 View attachment 10047 View attachment 10048 View attachment 10049
That looks really good. Where did you get you tape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
HA! what are the odds. I was the one other maverick there on Saturday. It was also the mavies madden voyage to the ville. Had all the same pro's and con's. Heat and suspension binding noises. The wife didn't like the seat belt rubbing here neck. I have 5pts ready but UTV Inc shafted me on the harness bar. Skids are next as I have some bent tubing now. Glad to see you made it home O.K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HA! what are the odds. I was the one other maverick there on Saturday. It was also the mavies madden voyage to the ville. Had all the same pro's and con's. Heat and suspension binding noises. The wife didn't like the seat belt rubbing here neck. I have 5pts ready but UTV Inc shafted me on the harness bar. Skids are next as I have some bent tubing now. Glad to see you made it home O.K.
Where do you live, I live about an hour north or Columbus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Powerline is ok. Nice trails and mud riding. It's a little bit of everything.

·
Registered
527 Posts
suspension binding noises
Where did it sound like it was coming from? Was it when you were flexing it pretty hard or just normal ridding?

·
Registered
557 Posts
remember one thing the machine runs a little hot during break in my fan was on most of the time during the first 100 miles then I did Hushmat under all of my plastic and wrapped my header pipes.I would like to gut the cat but not quite sure how or what to do there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts