Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the biggest one is what should I be looking for in terms of problems to watch for? The dude that had it before me said it was good and seemed to change anything that is talked about in here that concerned me. I mostly drive heavy mud and in the [email protected]@t. It has 800 km on it and for sure has never been drivin like I'm about to. I am open to anyone's imput about clutch heat and other issues. Shawn

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
your list of mods looks pretty good but I would consider putting on a front end gusset kit, tie rods and rear radius rods. Touch base with Alex (AREED) at CT Racing. he sells all of these and I think he is running a special thru the end of the month.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Has it had the clutch recall done? Replace front tierods also. Might want to change those numbers in your name also.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
He has a QSC/STM setup so the recall is not applicable...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take my name under advisement Not sure ill be able to remove my tatoos tho. as for temp gauge what's everyone running? Was the blower fix more for stock clutches?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'll take my name under advisement Not sure ill be able to remove my tatoos tho. as for temp gauge what's everyone running? Was the blower fix more for stock clutches?
Regardless of what clutches you are running, it is nice to be able to monitor your belt temps......I have QSC/STM clutches and a few times I would have likely smoked my belt had I not had the gauges and seen my temps getting too got. It also lets you know when they have cooled back down so you just don't shut it off when they are hot and burn a belt this way as well.....

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Alba makes the belt temp gauge, I ordered one and should see it this week. If you are duning or holding it wide open in high gear for a long time is where the cvt blower comes in handy reducing temps. I run mostly sport low which seems to be better on belts but I still want to monitor temps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree a temp gauge is a really good idea and i will definatly add one. I agree on the sport low as well and will be my first mod

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Does the Alba gauge have anything that makes it worth $150? Cause I just installed a $18 one from Amazon and it works great!

·
Registered
791 Posts
It has a little Alba Logo on it, should be good for 5 HP

I have one on order. Doing my best to support the economy lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It has a little Alba Logo on it, should be good for 5 HP

I have one on order. Doing my best to support the economy lol
I have a remark for this comment, but it's not nice, so I'll refrain! I mean $18vs$150!!! Let's just say at that price Alba should have to worry about prison time for sexual abuse! Lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a remark for this comment, but it's not nice, so I'll refrain! I mean $18vs$150!!! Let's just say at that price Alba should have to worry about prison time for sexual abuse! Lol
Let wickedcummins and his friend deal with it. Low prices to the people! Haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts