Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Can Am XRC 35 Rox Methods yadda yadda everything but new seats! First SXS & lovin it
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a weekend trip to Dumont dunes with the crew, been riding at this area for the last six years but just on dirt bikes. First time ever driving the Can-Am in the sand. Decided to try having the no paddle experience first since I’ve got enough freaking tires clogging up my shed lol and I have to say it performed wonderfully. Will probably go back with a set of paddles next year just for chits and giggles. Very glad I have a belt temp sensor because a few more rips up comp hill I probably would’ve ended up testing it. There’s nothing funner than ripping up a huge open bowl in coming down at an angle than straightening it out just enough to not bottom out at the end, for roller coaster affect with your stomach up in your throat! Never got that from a dirtbike ha ha gave a bunch of friends rides and got compliments on my driving, Out of the six people I let drive my car only one freaked me out which I guess I deserved lol Here’s some pictures and
Sky Tire Vehicle Ecoregion Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Sky Moon Slope Motorcycle Horizon

Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

maybe a video if I can post it

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
795 Posts
So looks like you are running Tensor DSR tires? How low did you air them down?
I feel my 33" DSR rather suck in deep sandy washes but never had them aired down.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Put some bighorns on for the sand, although you may find it more difficult to not bottom out with the shorter tires.

·
Registered
2019 Can Am XRC 35 Rox Methods yadda yadda everything but new seats! First SXS & lovin it
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice pics. Where's your front end plastic?
When I bought it she looked the way she looks now and I love it. Kind of more aggressive and pre-runner style. Also helps with visibility when you’re going over peaks whether be in the dunes or desert. The side pods and light bar provide plenty of light, I don’t think the stock lights would’ve even made a difference. Still want to get two more pods to help light up the center more

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's the 2nd time this month that I saw an X3 w/o front plastics. I gotta say, looks pretty legit.
Agreed! When I bought it ask the guy if he had them still and he had gotten rid of them a while back, don’t miss em 🤙 Trendsetter? 😂

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put some bighorns on for the sand, although you may find it more difficult to not bottom out with the shorter tires.
For sure, I have a stock pair that I use to load the car in my toy hauler and running smaller tires could probably increase my TopSpeed a bit, but hey I’ve bottomed out before with those big ass tires!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So looks like you are running Tensor DSR tires? How low did you air them down?
I feel my 33" DSR rather suck in deep sandy washes but never had them aired down.
Great questions, but no I didn’t air them down, I reg do not check my PSI, just kick them a little bit 😆 and had zero problems out in the sand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, all the drag banshees moved over to Dumont.
I never seem to be there when they’re doing the drags or there’s any super hot bikes racing at The Hills, but seeing them on videos makes it look pretty thrilling. When you said they moved, were they previously at Pismo, or Glamis?

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
When I bought it she looked the way she looks now and I love it. Kind of more aggressive and pre-runner style. Also helps with visibility when you’re going over peaks whether be in the dunes or desert. The side pods and light bar provide plenty of light, I don’t think the stock lights would’ve even made a difference. Still want to get two more pods to help light up the center more
There lays the answer to those complaining about needing to change something for better visibility!

·
Premium Member
14,633 Posts
I never seem to be there when they’re doing the drags or there’s any super hot bikes racing at The Hills, but seeing them on videos makes it look pretty thrilling. When you said they moved, were they previously at Pismo, or Glamis?
They still run at Glamis. They groom Olds to as smoothe as possible, and then make their runs. They usually truck / tow them to Olds, their gas tanks hold enough to make a run or two before refueling.

Reactions: Landcrab555

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
The drag quads use to be at Glamis at Oldsmobile on the big weekends. They had one area they would race up the hill. There were some really fast quads. Fastest I saw was a guy with a turbo hyabusa motor in a quad that did 105mph. The drag guys slowly started disappearing in Glamis and started going to Dumont. At the time Dumont had less rangers and less hassle so they headed there and have stayed.

Pismo has one little area where you can race, but Pismo in general sucks now. The closed off some much area it is not that fun. Camping on the beach is nice, but the riding is not big deal. Pismo was awesome in the late 70s up till about 1983 when it was fully open. The riding area was about as big as Dumont's riding area, but smaller dunes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts