Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
that shows your dealer DID NOT do their prep job. I sure hope you didn't pay for any prep.
Ahh. So they were supposed to remove that and check level/fill?

Hoping it’s at the correct level. Did not pay extra for prep that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Ahh. So they were supposed to remove that and check level/fill?

Hoping it’s at the correct level. Did not pay extra for prep that I know of.

they have a PDI they are supposed to check off and turn into BRP. They LIED about doing their work. Typical. This is how we find loose and missing bolts for them.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
So looking into doing the front diff along with the other areas soon and noticed this on the front diff fill plug:

It looks like the dealer has the full plug marked and taped off. Is this regular practice and why would they do this?

Going to do the front diff. Rear diff/gear and oil soon.

Taped for shipping. The other mark is from the factory. The dealer should of taking it off.

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
they have a PDI they are supposed to check off and turn into BRP. They LIED about doing their work. Typical. This is how we find loose and missing bolts for them.
Yup, I assume the PDI Mega is referring to is the pre delivery inspection checklist sheet that all Doealership's are required (by the manufacturer, SXS, Auto's, Truck's, RV's, ect) to complete each step prior to delivery to the customer.
I found the exact same types of proof nothing was done to my car as part of the pre delivery inspection. Matter of fact my driver seat sensor was defective (would not allow car to go over like 8mph forward). I did not take the car for a test ride when I picked it up, they "delivered" it right to the ramp of my trailer. Told me several times to make sure I engaged the 4 wheel drive & use low gearing when I loaded / unloaded the car on/off the trailer to preserve the belt.
Once I drove about an hour home with the new car on the trailer, then doing a quick inspection (found 3 missing bolts, later found almost 50% of the torque values out if spec, ect.), I went to take her for its first ride. Made it maybe 20' to realize it was stuck in "saftey mode / limited speed". I tried the seat belt on/off several times, even out a 45lb weight on the passenger seat, nothing. Loaded it back on the trailer and back to the Stealership. They "borrowed" another sensor off another car and had it back to me in about 20 minutes.
Asked the GM "Tell me your tech's did the required pre delivery inspection and test ride I paid for". He went straight into excuse book / lying mode. Eventually he gave me another $500 in free "accessories " ($1800 in total) and wanted me to "promise" I'd still fill out
the Customer Satisfaction Survey positively when I received it (never did receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey, and when I called BRP they told me they had sent it and received it back from me. True story, documented). Anyways I just laughed at the GM when I left his office.
Wonder who submitted my Customer Satisfaction Survey ??? Hard to believe the fine, upstanding professionals at RobNow had anything to do with it (you have no idea how hard that was to type that last part).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dealers don't seem to doing jack. Picked up mine bout a month ago now and went thru everything myself, blue sticker still on front diff plug, I noted in another thread it was about 10 oz low, fill is 17 oz if I remember right. My brother got his xrc bout 2 weeks ago, I went thru his machine for him, blue sticker on his front diff fill plug also.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Dealers don't seem to doing jack. Picked up mine bout a month ago now and went thru everything myself, blue sticker still on front diff plug, I noted in another thread it was about 10 oz low, fill is 17 oz if I remember right. My brother got his xrc bout 2 weeks ago, I went thru his machine for him, blue sticker on his front diff fill plug also.
these dealers just want to sell units they are not qualified or knowledgeable to service anything. BRP need to be made aware of each and every issue, BUT wait!!! all we have is brpcare.com which results in NOTHING!!!! BRP is heading down the same road popo went and we will end up with serious recalls and issues. I sure hope there is someone with some stroke at the SSSS next week because i could give them an earful.

you know what, I have an idea. Standby for MEGA action. (now where is my cape and thong?, oh yeah, Tim stole it)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there not a BRP rep that frequent this forum? How are so many dealers in so many states doing the same trash jobs as regular practice and nothing is being done?! With the amount of money we spend wouldn’t you want us to stand behind the brand? Sure a quick buck is a quick buck but repeat, loyal business is what will keep a brand and a dealership alive. I thre Yamaha and Polaris to the wayside for practice like this, DO BETTER CANAM BEFORE I GO GET A REAL TROPHY TRUCK!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Is there not a BRP rep that frequent this forum? How are so many dealers in so many states doing the same trash jobs as regular practice and nothing is being done?! With the amount of money we spend wouldn’t you want us to stand behind the brand? Sure a quick buck is a quick buck but repeat, loyal business is what will keep a brand and a dealership alive. I thre Yamaha and Polaris to the wayside for practice like this, DO BETTER CANAM BEFORE I GO GET A REAL TROPHY TRUCK!
brpcare is the members name and once you contact then all you get is a form letter that states to contact you local dealer. Piss Poor representation

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
these dealers just want to sell units they are not qualified or knowledgeable to service anything. BRP need to be made aware of each and every issue, BUT wait!!! all we have is brpcare.com which results in NOTHING!!!! BRP is heading down the same road popo went and we will end up with serious recalls and issues. I sure hope there is someone with some stroke at the SSSS next week because i could give them an earful.

you know what, I have an idea. Standby for MEGA action. (now where is my cape and thong?, oh yeah, Tim stole it)
Give them an earful for me and I'll buy you a couple cold one's...… Never heard back from Vanessa.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts