Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 hours, 18 beers, and a Black Forest Sub, I completed the 1st maintenance service including the valve check. I still don't honestly see why my communist dealer wanted to charge over a grand to do it, but whatever. To those who are on the fence of whether or not to do it yourself, just do it yourself and put the money you saved back into more accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
most dealers try to charge 400-600 , urs was $1,000 ?

holy moly

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah if your dealer wanted 1k to do the 1st service, that's robbery. Mine was $358 but I removed all the plastics. They quoted me $450.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if your dealer wanted 1k to do the 1st service, that's robbery. Mine was $358 but I removed all the plastics. They quoted me $450.
I thought the same thing. I was shocked that they quoted me that much after seeing what y'all had to pay. The hardest part for me was taking the drain plug out of the rear diff because of my fat hands.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
After 8 hours, 18 beers, and a Black Forest Sub, I completed the 1st maintenance service including the valve check. I still don't honestly see why my communist dealer wanted to charge over a grand to do it, but whatever.
Did he say he would use a condom, or was he just gunna give it to you bare back?

Reactions: Whattha

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
git ur dun

·
Registered
156 Posts
$346 and I did what desertdog.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Where's the video of all this ? :)
Crap I do t even know where filter to oil is Lol. Or most everything that needs to be set iced as far as that goes. :(
Need to learn so I can keep from sending to dealer for up keep and wasting money that can be spent on better things. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where's the video of all this ? :)
Crap I do t even know where filter to oil is Lol. Or most everything that needs to be set iced as far as that goes. :(
Need to learn so I can keep from sending to dealer for up keep and wasting money that can be spent on better things. :)
Haha, most of that video would have to be bleeped out from me cursing so damn much. Some of those spots, my buddy had to loosen a nut for me because I couldn't get my hands in there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine were in spec also.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good to hear its not too bad to do!! Hey besides saving $$$, Now you know its done and done right!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts