Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I read moto mans break in process and he recommends to change the oil after the first 20 miles due to the fine slivers of engine fragments from factory assembly. so they wouldn't get cycled through the engine. so my question is who changed there oil right away and what oil did you use. the service guy at my shop said he wouldn't worry about it till the 10hr change is due. he hasn't seem any dirty oil from the mavs that he has done. but I was wondering what everyone else is doing. plus moto man said not to use synthetic till after 1200 miles. any thoughts on that. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The most important thing in that article I think is about seating your rings.Break in using reg. oils to help seat rings,50 miles and their suppose to be seated and you can go to synthetic.It's kind of wasteful to dump oil with only 50-100 miles on it but you could,use it somewhere else.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that brp has their own break in oil and that's what in it now. so should I wait till 50 to change it. I'm at 20 now and that why I posted this thread. I wasn't sure what I should do. otherwise I took it on some gravel roads and broke it in as he described in is article.

·
Registered
548 Posts
At 10 hours, my motor oil was pretty clean with just a little bit of metal on the magnet. Rear diff had the dirtiest oil at 10 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts