Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if mine was the first Maverick sold in Washington. Bought it 2/23/13 from Larson Powersports, the day after they built it and put it on the floor.

I was looking at a Wildcat X and a RXR XP (mostly because of the aftermarket parts availability).

Rode it yesterday for the first time. HOLY CRAP. I've never ridden a SxS before; I'm a dirt bike guy (MX and trails). I just rode at my friends property as a shake-down but this thing is AMAZING to ride. Every time we hit the gas over rough terrain we would laugh the whole time. Power, suspension (LOVE the shocks), handling and interior are just jaw-dropping.

I understand there is a race coming up at Mattewah soon (I don't have details in front of me). Hope to be there with the Maverick.

-Jeff

Maverick_2.jpg

Maverick_3.jpg

MAverick_4.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
I understand there is a race coming up at Mattewah soon (I don't have details in front of me). Hope to be there with the Maverick.

-Jeff
Congrats on your new ride, As for racing - there are LOTS of events in the NW with a UTV class... COORP in Redmond OR, Eugene MX, Quadcross, Over the Bars Gang, Shedd GP, Ultra GP, Idaho Ralley, YORE in MT, etc. and just got word today of some more in WA. Please do share info on the race in Mattewh; we update the PacNORE site every week with more events.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice ride, a guy from washington came down to central oregon and bought a XRS in january when i bought mine. I plan on racing in the COORP in Redmond OR on April 27th. If you can come on down. I hope to be heading to Winchester bay during spring break with my daughter weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
best choice you made, now ride it like you stole it. as for after market parts, there is some and as we speak, many companies are working day and night to get parts made. just do a forum search here for starts. many companies working around teh clock and parts are starting to roll out. this one will have a ton of AM parts coming, new ones practically everyday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your new ride, As for racing - there are LOTS of events in the NW with a UTV class... COORP in Redmond OR, Eugene MX, Quadcross, Over the Bars Gang, Shedd GP, Ultra GP, Idaho Ralley, YORE in MT, etc. and just got word today of some more in WA. Please do share info on the race in Mattewh; we update the PacNORE site every week with more events.
I will check out the site now, thanks! Here is a link to the flyer for the race in Mattewah - it's the Dirty Poker Run : Link

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice ride, a guy from washington came down to central oregon and bought a XRS in january when i bought mine. I plan on racing in the COORP in Redmond OR on April 27th. If you can come on down. I hope to be heading to Winchester bay during spring break with my daughter weather permitting.
I just checked out the COORP video on the PacNORE site; that looks like a lot of fun. I will try and make the race. On a side note, do they ever have practice days at that track (like MX tracks)?

Thanks for the info.

-Jeff

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm in Redmond WA. area. I have one on order at the Lynnwood dealer. I told them I didn't want it until mid March. It didn't make since to have it sit in my shop with warranty running low before I can ride it on a regular bases. I paid 1/2 down a month ago. But now after reading about a possible clutch issue I might get the extended warranty. In the mean time I have sold my quads and quad trailer and am in the process of getting a trailer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just checked out the COORP video on the PacNORE site; that looks like a lot of fun. I will try and make the race. On a side note, do they ever have practice days at that track (like MX tracks)?

Thanks for the info.

-Jeff
It's being discussed, but nothing currently. The is an upcoming Quadcross race at Woodland in a few weeks. Word it they may be having practices there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in Redmond WA. area. I have one on order at the Lynnwood dealer. I told them I didn't want it until mid March. It didn't make since to have it sit in my shop with warranty running low before I can ride it on a regular bases. I paid 1/2 down a month ago. But now after reading about a possible clutch issue I might get the extended warranty. In the mean time I have sold my quads and quad trailer and am in the process of getting a trailer.
I hope you get your ride soon; I saw that dealer advertising on CL about taking deposits. Btw, I took the Maverick to Belfair yesterday. It was fun as hell and so much faster than the Jeeps (I ran into a convoy on the South Loop). I managed to hit 60mph on one of the wider roads. I went over stuff I don't think my stock Rubicon Unlimited would make (yet).

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I picked my Maverick up on 02/19/2013 In Tricities WA. They are showing up finally all over. I know West Side Powersports in Spokane has one of each, XRS and REgular Maverick. As Well as Caldwell Idaho has One Xrs just outside Boise. Hope to run into other Washington/Oregon, Idaho owners in the near future. We do horsfall beach a few times a year by Coos Bay and will do Winchester bay as well...Congrats on the purchase!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts