Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my base Mav to the dunes last week in Little Sahars, OK. A buddy and myself took a couple of days off mid week and headed up from DFW. He brought his RZR XP. I have to say that I was very impressed with the Mav. I was not able to get paddles in time, so I just used stock tires. They did well and I never felt like i had a lack of power or push from the wheels. I am sure with paddles, I will just be that much more impressed.

My biggest concern was the shocks since I have the base model. I can say that I was not disappointed at all. The ride was nice and smooth and it handled any and all whoops really well. I did bottom out a couple of times, but it was on transitions going either up a dune or down and I honestly expected it to bottom. I will likely stiffen them up just a bit and see how that does for next trip. In the whoops it never bottomed at all and if you are familiar with Little Sahara, we stayed at Deuces Wild and that long run of whoops we were hitting fast every time with a great ride.

It did still feel top heavy at first and I had to get used to it again. I felt like it could tip, but it of course never did. It's just a different sensation and you have to adjust to it.

We rode the trails really hard, especially at night. Most of my trail riding there was in a RZR 800 or RZR 800 4. I have an XP 4, but have not done alot of trail riding at the dunes with it. I loved the way the Mav handled the trails and all the power out of corners and after a slow down. The biggest adjustment for me was that I was worried I wasn't pushing hard enough because I wasn't holding the pedal to the floor the whole time lilke I had to in my 800's to keep up. It was nice to be able to haul some serious ass through the trails and not have to be WOT the whole time.

Overall this thing impresses me more and more each time I get in it. I am anxiously awaiting our Spring Break trip back to Little Sahara when I will have the Mav and the XP 4 to do some more playing and comparing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
assuming DFW is / Dallas Fort Worth. if so long trip
It's about 5.5 hours in the RV, but well worth it. We just stayed in a cabin this trip and drove the F250. Made it in less than 5. I do wish it was a little closer, but the drive doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
707 Posts
We go to Lil Sahara a lot. Maybe next time you go, hit me up! Maybe we can make it up. You gonna make it for snake hunt?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not going to Snake Hunt. I like to ride when I am there and don't want to deal with the big crowds if I don't have to. We are going back over Spring Break in March for 6 days and then we usally go at least once a month till it gets too hot. I'll shoot you a message next time we go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts