Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
So what kind of $ there talking, if you don't want to put there business out over the forum you can pm me it. Thanks I'm thinking of trading also, but I'll have to wait til I come back home. I would have my son pull all my stuff, but I'm not to sure he'll do it right. I know I'll take a hit on the trade, but if it's not to bad I may conceder. Thanks
If your going to trade in your Commander, it doesn't matter if your accessories are on there or not. I already went down this road and multiple dealers told me the same thing. They only give you a ridiculously low, preset trade in value no matter if its stock or if you have $20k worth of accessories. Strip your Commander if you plan on trading it in or try to sell it privately.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Talked to Gear One, they do not have a rack for the Maverick yet and don't really sound in much of a hurry. Talked to Wicked built, they are going to be building one as soon as they can get their hands on a Maverick. Wicked built is in Ohio, so I am not sure when then might get there hands on one.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just a word of advise make sure to lock tite your UTV inc tie rods where the Clevis meets the rack. I was unaware that it was necessary until it popped out on a trail, slapped it back together with a crescent and some channel locks got back to camp tore it back apart and covered the threads with lock tite. No problems after that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well I bent a tie rod on the Mav last week in Jacksonville. I remember hitting somthing but can't tell u what it was or how fast I was going. When I hit it i stopped and took a quick look, didn't notice anything and it still drove straight so I stopped worrying about it. Was looking it over this afternoon and noticed the passenger side tie rod was bent, so I'll need a new one. Does anyone sell aftermarket tie rods yet?
Hey Driller, when you bent your tie rod was it the tie rod end or the shaft? Wondering if they could be reinforced until the Rackzilla's are out.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The shaft, had I known it was gonna be a problem I would have sleeved it. The ends are already much bigger than the ones on my commander I wouldn't worry about that part. I have also since snapped an axle but I'll take the blame for that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The shaft, had I known it was gonna be a problem I would have sleeved it. The ends are already much bigger than the ones on my commander I wouldn't worry about that part. I have also since snapped an axle but I'll take the blame for that.
Thanks, I am also looking to replace my axels as I plan on running 34's and an S3 bracket lift, and I know my stocks will be on borrowed time with that setup, just waiting for axel's to be available....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts