Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bent a tie rod on the Mav last week in Jacksonville. I remember hitting somthing but can't tell u what it was or how fast I was going. When I hit it i stopped and took a quick look, didn't notice anything and it still drove straight so I stopped worrying about it. Was looking it over this afternoon and noticed the passenger side tie rod was bent, so I'll need a new one. Does anyone sell aftermarket tie rods yet?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dude,you don't know how fast you were going AND you don't know what you hit?
Lets start with what you do know......
how many beers did you have?
Just kidding but I suggest you pay more attention when traveling at high speeds. :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess u gotta be good at something lol. I'll be ordering those utv inc tie rods in the morning thanks for the replies

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya there tie rods look sik (utvinc's) ima get sum to

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell it was almost two weeks ago I'm just glad I remember the trip. I think I Hit a rut or a washout just can't remember. Also I would love to take all my goodies off of the commander and put them in Mav but want to get a good price for it when I trade it in on Mav max, just can't decide....

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The Mavs Tie rods are beefy so you must have hit something hard. Good thing you didn't break your steering rack.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tie rods are longer on the Mav or I would have just put Ina rackzilla

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya different suspension length

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hell it was almost two weeks ago I'm just glad I remember the trip. I think I Hit a rut or a washout just can't remember. Also I would love to take all my goodies off of the commander and put them in Mav but want to get a good price for it when I trade it in on Mav max, just can't decide....
If your going to trade in your Commander, it doesn't matter if your accessories are on there or not. I already went down this road and multiple dealers told me the same thing. They only give you a ridiculously low, preset trade in value no matter if its stock or if you have $20k worth of accessories. Strip your Commander if you plan on trading it in or try to sell it privately.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks stick, I really don't wanna repurchase all those goodies.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I heard there was some bent tie rods on the demo's as well. Tie rods must not be as strong as they look. I am on the fence weather I should go stock rack with upgraded tie rods or just go Complete Rackzilla when it becomes available.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know running the tires I'm running that it's only a matter of time before the rack wears out but until the rack is available I'll just be getting tie rods

·
Registered
791 Posts
Is the Rackzilla much tougher than the stock Maverick rack in your opinion? I know the early commander racks were weak but I think they have been upgrading them. I have not seen a Rackzilla or the Maverick rack yet. I did see on the commander forums that some rackzilla's have failed as well so I am thinking they are not the end all either.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wore out a 2012 in about 6 months, but this does look like its put together better. The rackzilla has lasted a year with no probs, but I hear gear one makes a super tough rack

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Mavs Tie rods are beefy so you must have hit something hard. Good thing you didn't break your steering rack.
Not so sure about beefy. They are hollow aluminum. Talking with Johnny, he bent one on his test Mav that he had a while back. I got my boys in our Machine shop making me a set right now.

·
Registered
791 Posts
"I hear gear one makes a super tough rack"

Your not kidding. That gear one stuff looks like the real deal. I sent them an email to ask if they will be building a rack for the Maverick. We will see what they say.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UTV inc tie rods on the way. Thanks guys I'll post some pics after I get it put back together

1 - 20 of 30 Posts