Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new Red maverick out for the first real ride yesterday. I was going around a tree on an off camber turn. The rea end slide into the tree and crunch! I was like damn hope I did not tear up the fender, I did not get the fender. But have around a 2" long busted spot in the fender flare on the right rear. They are not very tough. The fender had what looked like bad scratches but a little water and they rubbed off. I have read on here that the flares are not available yet, but I am calling my dealer monday to see. So you guys that have been wanting there flares, IDK they did not last me 1 true offroad ride.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Soon as they're available Im getting a set.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The first scar is tough. .it gets easier after that... lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice stitching.. it happens for sure out there..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
all the panels but the front 2 big hood panels are actually cheap the lower side panels any color 25.99 each

·
Registered
367 Posts
gives it character

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
all the panels but the front 2 big hood panels are actually cheap the lower side panels any color 25.99 each
I looked the other day and the prices for the plastic have gone up substancially.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I managed to crack my RF fender and RR1/4. I would have loved to blame someone else but it was pilot error. I ord'd new parts and they were cheap.

·
Registered
286 Posts
After rolling mine and some plastic was back ordered I found out you can use a soldering iron to melt them back together. If you do most of the melting on the back side it dosn't look half bad.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ouch! Nice surgery though ... You could add a few of those phoney bullet holes and no one would know you weren't just messing around ...

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
After rolling mine and some plastic was back ordered I found out you can use a soldering iron to melt them back together. If you do most of the melting on the back side it dosn't look half bad.
hollwood you can also buy a plastic welder. I've repaired quite a few four wheeler fenders with mine

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a plastic welder but have not had much luck with it. Might need different rods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts