Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is this really that common of an issue? Are the amount of Can-am catching fire in the hundreds? I would love to know. As of now, we all know that all SXS's are produced with human hands involved, never heard of any manufacture passing 100% quality control. Could be just as simple as a clamp not secure, or a bad hose, or etc... We all know about Polaris and the fire issues, which are in the hundreds, and how Polaris is dealing with the issue. Making assumptions about Can-am not giving a shit at this point in the game is a little early in my opinion. I'm really glad no one was hurt, and hoping your insurance treats you right.
I didnt say Can Am didn't give a shit. If you read what I said it says they must not give a shit IF they don't take a look at the unit to try to determine the cause. Now I know a lot of you are going to say they can't because it is burnt up. Well there are forensic mechanics that do just that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I didnt say Can Am didn't give a shit. If you read what I said it says they must not give a shit IF they don't take a look at the unit to try to determine the cause. Now I know a lot of you are going to say they can't because it is burnt up. Well there are forensic mechanics that do just that sort of thing.

i know if I was in your shoes I would say F**k can am if they don't come to the table with a better offer than "a good deal". I would think they would want it back to try to determine the cause. If they don't they must not give a shit.
I see, you meant to say F**k the "dealer" not can am. Regardless, I agree with you that this needs to be investigated further if possible. This does not need to be a common issue with Can-am. I also agree with you that the dealer needs to step up to the plate and help out!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man what dealer gave you the price on 28,600? was it the XRS turbo like mine? because I paid 29,200 with tax on mine. No added goodies other than the package.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Man what dealer gave you the price on 28,600? was it the XRS turbo like mine? because I paid 29,200 with tax on mine. No added goodies other than the package.
It was for a 2016 XDS Turbo (2 seater) with no added goodies I think it's crazy. The dealer thinks I'm just going to run back there and buy another one. I was looking at the yxz and I can get that for 25400.00 out the door with the upgraded clutch already installed no doors or roof to buy because they come with it from the dealer. With the money I save I can install the stage 2 turbo and the yxz will blow away the mav turbo and no belt to worry about. I will never ever buy any polaris products again I would go with out a sxs then drive a Popo.

I wish I knew what 2017 will bring use, maybe I will wait a few months and see it's still really cold here anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I would call customer support The number is in the owners manual
I did call them they don't care, there first question was "were there any modifications done to the SxS?" As soon as you add something to it mufflers, flash, clutch kit etc... there not responsible for anything. " Sorry we can't help you, you have to deal with your insurance." Can am has there ass covered.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That's horrible news to hear. I hope your insurance company steps up and helps you out. Any new ideas on why it happened yet? Glad at the very least you weren't out on the trail with family when it happened.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That's horrible news to hear. I hope your insurance company steps up and helps you out. Any new ideas on why it happened yet? Glad at the very least you weren't out on the trail with family when it happened.
The fire marshal was here today to look at again to compare it to the maverick that burned down 3 weeks not far from where I live. There not sure what happened they did talk to the dealer where I bought it but I'm there will say the same thing as can am customer support once you modify the sxs it's out of there hands I think that's bullshit.

The differentials are in good shape so I will remove them and sell them there like new. I will also be selling all the gears in the tranny if anyone is interested let me know. The Mrrpm oil filter relocate is also good so I will take it off and sell it for cheap also.

·
Administrator
2,357 Posts
Hope the fire marshall can't corollate and prove that the fires started in very similar area....do you know if owner of the other burnt down machine bought at same dealership as you did?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Hope the fire marshall can't corollate and prove that the fires started in very similar area....do you know if owner of the other burnt down machine bought at same dealership as you did?
I made a mistake, the fire fighters that were here to put out the fire told me about the other maverick burning in my town. I told the fire marshal today and he was going to talk to the fire fighters that were at my place. I guess he going to compare the to fires, the fire marshal is also going to the dealer where I bought the maverick and ask some questions.

I don't know the other owner of the maverick.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts