Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for fire extinguisher mounts and how do you like them? I have seen a few online but am torn as to which one I would go with. Are the aluminum quick release worth the extra money?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They are worth the money IF you ever need to use it. However, I think the smaller extinguishers are a little too small, so I use the next size bigger. If I was going to use the smaller extinguisher I would probably mount 2 of them for extra protection.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
They are worth the money IF you ever need to use it. However, I think the smaller extinguishers are a little too small, so I use the next size bigger. If I was going to use the smaller extinguisher I would probably mount 2 of them for extra protection.
What size is too small...the 2# bottle??? I am looking at getting one for out trip to the Oregon dunes and want to know what everyone is using...... a 5# bottle is pretty big...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I bought one of these last night ima try it , it fits cages from 1-3 inches not sure why this guy says 1.5

but after watching my buddy try to pull his aluminum pin out of his holder for 7 minutes while my buddies r1 rhino header wrap was cathing fire someone else pulled up from group fast with ext ready in hand , lol

63305 21 Rugged Ridge Black ATV UTV Fire Extinguisher Holder 1" 1 5" | eBay

mod quad also has a billet mount with rubber pull straps

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've been thinking about these lately after seeing pictures of burnt down sxs, not just Polaris but canams too. I found some cool stuff on a quick.search on google images. I searched -roll cage fire extinguisher - ill look a little more later when I'm on my comp there are tones of options Isaw.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I bought one of these last night ima try it , it fits cages from 1-3 inches not sure why this guy says 1.5

but after watching my buddy try to pull his aluminum pin out of his holder for 7 minutes while my buddies r1 rhino header wrap was cathing fire someone else pulled up from group fast with ext ready in hand , lol

63305 21 Rugged Ridge Black ATV UTV Fire Extinguisher Holder 1" 1 5" | eBay

mod quad also has a billet mount with rubber pull straps
Yea...I was looking at a similar setup from Smitty Built for about the same price.....

Smittybilt Roll Bar Mounted Fire Extinguisher Holder 2 5lb 769540 | eBay

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What size is too small...the 2# bottle??? I am looking at getting one for out trip to the Oregon dunes and want to know what everyone is using...... a 5# bottle is pretty big...
I will have to look at my bottle size later but here is a picture. This is the next size up from the small one that most vendors sell.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of mine. I made them, but I copied them from pictures off the Internet. I believe someone sells them for about 40 or $50.b

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will have to look at my bottle size later but here is a picture. This is the next size up from the small one that most vendors sell.
yea, that looks like the size I would carry. Otherwise I would need to carry 2 of them...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of mine. I made them, but I copied them from pictures off the Internet. I believe someone sells them for about 40 or $50.b
Looks like it functions just like the $150 units I have seen floating around...... nice Polaris Razr bag in the last photo.....isn't it about time you came out of the closet :crazy:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yup that's the other one I was looking at I like its a bag , the other has 3 straps so its a toss up , lol just depends on material quality lol
agreed...Smittybilt has a good rep so I am guessing it is built with good materials. I like that you can take the entire thing off with no tools. Makes it easy when pressure washing etc.....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Looks like it functions just like the $150 units I have seen floating around...... nice Polaris Razr bag in the last photo.....isn't it about time you came out of the closet :crazy:
Dammit, you noticed that bag on the Maverick? It was stitched in white and I vinyl painted black. I guess that wasn't enough!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
agreed...Smittybilt has a good rep so I am guessing it is built with good materials. I like that you can take the entire thing off with no tools. Makes it easy when pressure washing etc.....
yup ! - this one is made by rugged ridge ill see how there quality is , lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
good info on holders.... now which extinguisher should we get and from who?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wal-Mart......cheapest I have seen and work just like all the others....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do you have a link for that one you are talking about from Wal-Mart?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry.....just saw it while picking up some oil. In the automotive section

1 - 20 of 59 Posts