Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen extinguishers mounter on the rear of the frame but I reading instructions on the mount I got it says put somewhere the extinguisher won’t come into contact with ground, so if anyone has advise I would appreciate it

·
Registered
334 Posts
I saw a different one, that really sucks jokes aside especially that someone got burned in that one. I have been burned before and I would freak losing my car.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Damm I woulda tagged the cow then had a bbq to hide the evidence nothing better than a whole steer roast

thats a bummer hate to see anyones car get wrecked or anyone get hurt

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
514 Posts
I mounted mine in the cab above your head by the rear view mirror. U can’t see it from the outside and is easy to get to if needed.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Mounted mine near the floor on the passenger side. It's just underneath the passenger's knees with the output nozzle pointed up and a foam earplug stuck in it. Got the idea here although would have preferred a better place; my rear deck is fully populated.
Poor lady; hope she recovers well. Sounds awful.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
How does that tip over rupture the fuel tank?

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mounted mine on the drivers side crossbar under my knees. I want to be able to reach it if I am on my top and harnessed in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mounted mine, back bar in between the seat so if any one is stuck or needs quick excess anyone inside can get it quickly .

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I mounted mine on the center panel between the seats. Pulled cover off , drilled 2 - 1/4" holes and bolted it in. Secure and easy access for driver or passenger..

·
Premium Member
10,021 Posts
Mount it to where you can get to it as quick as possible. I read somewhere once about SXS fires (If there is a need for Polaris jokes, feel free), anyway they claim you have just under 4 seconds to get, grab, squirt. (God, that sounds dirty, LOL!) If not, with these little extinguishers we carry, it won't be enough to stop it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts