Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt turn out too bad. I bead blasted and painted the arms and springs then made my own aluminum exhaust heat shields. I also cut some large holes in them for access to the shock adjusters.

the passenger rear hub is off to replace a bent rotor. Its been ordered for 4 weeks now. And those damn hubs are on with blue loctite, i had to tap it off the whole way. It will go back on with a little neverseize for easier removal next time.

next up is the front suspension.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Looks good Mike. You going to leave the plastics yellow or try and get some 2014 white ones?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
he will get the white plastic , he wants to be casper the friendly ghost !

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
It's cool! I love white but mud dont. Did the coating come off easy in the blast cabinet?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It's cool! I love white but mud dont. Did the coating come off easy in the blast cabinet?
Mine are half blasted from riding in the sand anyway...lol

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the black did, but the yellow took a wire wheel on my grinder then finished it in the cabinet.

Mine are half blasted from riding in the sand anyway...lol
that aint no shit! the front side of the rear arms were down to bare metal.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I just swapped out my paddles & had to do a double take, my finish is also wearing off. They must be using something different, never had that issue with my Commander.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the black did, but the yellow took a wire wheel on my grinder then finished it in the cabinet.

smoothies will keep the rear arms safer longer , lol

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
While you were in there, did you replace that L/H top bushing that was getting squished or did it return to normal?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

The inside of my rear arms are pretty well pitted, almost like bead blasted, from 60mph + runs thru sand washes, and heavy gravel trails at both El Mirage and Johnson Valley.

P.S. I'll be at SSSS on Saturday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The inside of my rear arms are pretty well pitted, almost like bead blasted, from 60mph + runs thru sand washes, and heavy gravel trails at both El Mirage and Johnson Valley.

P.S. I'll be at SSSS on Saturday.
Clear bra on the leading edges of the lower control arm will help protect them

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, I use this stuff religiously on my carbon fiber mountain bike frames. You can find it on eBay under "Helicopter Tape". It was originally designed to go on the leading edge of helicopter blades to protect them from pitting by flying debris and desert sand…..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Clear bra on the leading edges of the lower control arm will help protect them
Yeah there is some clear vinyl that will protect them really good for a long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts