Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the STM in along with my stereo and gps. Say what you want about the sound but the fit and finish of the oem radio/gps is awesome. I don't think it sounds terrible either for what it is.

View attachment 9431 View attachment 9431

Took the bike out for a trial run with the rage 6 and it seems pretty good. I mashed it and it hit 8000 rpm then held 7950 all the way to 70. Really smooth over the stock stuff. It's like 5 degrees with the windchill here so I didn't ride it much. Seems that reverse is geared lower or it runs higher rpm etc. pretty happy overall.

The hardest part was torquing 80 ft lbs without a clutch holder. Had to cut a 2x2 and brace the primary against the frame. I have the green spring in the secondary and gold in the primary with a 40 helix.

For all you guys that have your STM dialed tight, do you hover right around 7950-8000 rpm the whole way to top speed?

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put the STM in along with my stereo and gps. Say what you want about the sound but the fit and finish of the oem radio/gps is awesome. I don't think it sounds terrible either for what it is.

View attachment 9431 View attachment 9431

Took the bike out for a trial run with the rage 6 and it seems pretty good. I mashed it and it hit 8000 rpm then held 7950 all the way to 70. Really smooth over the stock stuff. It's like 5 degrees with the windchill here so I didn't ride it much. Seems that reverse is geared lower or it runs higher rpm etc. pretty happy overall.

The hardest part was torquing 80 ft lbs without a clutch holder. Had to cut a 2x2 and brace the primary against the frame. I have the green spring in the secondary and gold in the primary with a 40 helix.

For all you guys that have your STM dialed tight, do you hover right around 7950-8000 rpm the whole way to top speed?
What size tires you running?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts