Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the interior and features of the Maverick are better and the feel while sitting in it is better then the rzr, but the suspension and handling on the rzr look to be better. I don't like the fact that aftermarket stuff seem to cost more for the Maverick vs the rzr from what i've found. I've also heard the maverick costs vs rzr costs for service is much higher? A friend of mine just bought a new rzr 1000 two weeks ago and that thing is a beast when i got to ride in it. I haven't gotten to ride in a maverick yet, but i'm assuming it's going to be really close power wise to the rzr 1000? From everything else i've read it seems as though the axles on both the rzr and maverick are weak and need to be replaced asap? I like the fact the rzr has a longer wheel base and have the bigger tires stock. How's the stock clutching on the maverick? Is it worth upgrading or is stock fine? What other known problems or upgrades need to be done to the maverick before doing some hardcore trail riding? I'm looking to make a decision in the next week or two and going to buy one or the other! If i decide on the maverick i'll be buying the X rs dps model.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not sure what axles problems your talking about for the Mav?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
no axles problems sum of the racers were having a rear axel nut come lose but lil Loctite and tq'd right its fine !!

I would go drive both , the maverick we all know is much better quality and the rotax will outlast the prostar motor for decades , its been around since 2004 the rotax ,

nothing wrong with maverick u might need new tie rods 50 bucks for both and clutch is fine unless ur a mudder with 34'' tires and drive in nasty stuff, lol - then u can upgrade to clutch kit 250 or a whole new clutch both sides 1400 , !

also I would do some more reading on the rzr1000 sub section as there is tons and tons of problems with the rzr1 right now , maybe next year be better

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm glad you typed all that info so I didn't have to.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm glad you typed all that info so I didn't have to.
LOL I was wondering who it was gonna be this time I thought ill do it :) hahaha

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
I would drive both and see which one suits your driving skill/needs better. Get the one that makes you feel the most comfortable and confident when driving. The cost of aftermarket parts or service should not be the deciding factor. I know it is money, but you are purchasing something that should bring you enjoyment for many years. The cost of parts and service is secondary and if all goes well, you really will not be spending that much money on either.

Before I made my purchased I drove a Maverick, Wildcat X and the XP1000. I was lucky enought to get a lot of seat time in the Maverick and Wildcat X before I drove the XP1000. Then over Halloween weekend I was able to drive all three back to back to back. I went with the XP1000 as it suited my driving style and comfort.

All B.S. aside from the brand loyalty banter, you really need to find a way to get seat time in the Maverick and XP1000 before you make your purchase. Seat time will make your decision much easier.

Good luck!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sit down and compare how they are made also! I had a rzr and never even drove a maverick. Sold the rzr and bought the maverick. I can honestly say that I'm extremely happy with my purchase! No comparison on how they are made either!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've owned two 900xps and a jaggedx loved them but damn they rattled and squeaked like crazy. I thought the ride on them was great to, that is until I got my maverick. The maverick is a torque monster compared to the 900's can't speak on the xp1000 tho. My only gripe on the mav is the interior heat, I do a lot of slow trail riding and hill climbing so first thing I did was invest in header wrap and heat tape on the inside of panels. I absolutely love the fit and finish on the mav over Polaris for sure. Driving style and terrain will be a big factor I'm sure but the type of riding I do in the type of terrain I do it in I love my mav.

Either way which ever you decide just have fun and enjoy.

Nathan

Reactions: Chappy227

·
Registered
162 Posts
I owned both a razor 800 and a 570. While both served me well there fit and finish is like a tinker toy compared to the maverick. Unless Polaris makes some big big changes I will never go that rout again. There is no comparison. I personally think the arctic cat is even better than Polaris now. Look at how the frames are built and you will quickly see what I mean.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I checked out a RZR 1000 yesterday. It looks nice, but if it is anything like any other Polaris I suspect that is where it ends. I did not get to drive it but the interior sure looks and feels like the same old Poo.

Once bitten twice shy I guess you could say.

If you don't mind squeaks and rattles, sketchy engine reliability, garbage bushings bearings u-joints & Axels than you will likely be happy with the Polaris I guess. If you want something that will last a few years without feeling like it will cost you every time you use it buy the Can-Am.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Polaris=junk
Can Am=quality

The End

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I would drive both and see which one suits your driving skill/needs better. Get the one that makes you feel the most comfortable and confident when driving. The cost of aftermarket parts or service should not be the deciding factor. I know it is money, but you are purchasing something that should bring you enjoyment for many years. The cost of parts and service is secondary and if all goes well, you really will not be spending that much money on either.

Before I made my purchased I drove a Maverick, Wildcat X and the XP1000. I was lucky enought to get a lot of seat time in the Maverick and Wildcat X before I drove the XP1000. Then over Halloween weekend I was able to drive all three back to back to back. I went with the XP1000 as it suited my driving style and comfort.

All B.S. aside from the brand loyalty banter, you really need to find a way to get seat time in the Maverick and XP1000 before you make your purchase. Seat time will make your decision much easier.

Good luck!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
and u will continue to hear the same thing over and over again ,

'''' I owned a rzr and sold it for a can am and wow what a difference , lol :)

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Try both the Maverick and the XP1000..That's what I did and bought the Mav Xxc and so far very pleased with it..I didn't find any difference in power and ride comfort between the two but the Mav's interior fit and finish is better than the Polaris plus I had great luck with my 06 Outty800 and 2012 Outty 1000 so I stayed with Can-Am but I'm sure the Polaris is a fine machine good luck with what ever you decide on bud!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can't come on maverick forum and ask about the xp 1000 and hope to get reliable info. Same would happen if you went to rzr forum and ask them about mavericks. Do the research on both sites and get the one that suits you best. Best case, ride both and make your own mind up. Brand loyalty runs to deep in any of the big threes forums.
That's a true statement. So the OP should realize by now that it is such a personal decision that he just needs to do his homework on the major brands then get the one that best suits his needs.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I just read on the rzr forum it takes 3 hours to change a belt on a maverick! :haha: Some of those guys truly haven't a clue.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's crazy, I can have plastics off and change belt then put plastics back on in 30 min tops. That's in my garage tho might take a little longer on the trail depending on how muddy it is :)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mega and I did one on the trail in less than 30 min. With the right tools, it's pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya except look around and see how many popo owners bailed and now have a maverick, now see of how may bailed on maverick to get a popo. 99 to 1...lol maverick have no serious issues, generally speaking of course, in general. form fit anf function is world class, top end speed is close to same, but for most that dont matter anyways. in the end, whatever makes you sleep better at night brother is what it comes down to. I have owned popo and that is why I own a maverick now...pain and simple. belt change is 30 minutes. fluids, all of them in less than 2 hrs with taking my time.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts