Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a SXS for about six or seven months. At one point i just about got a wildcat but they just seemed to have a few issues. Today i pulled the trigger on a X model. With the 2.5 fox and beadlocks i felt were worth the extra cash. One of the biggest reasons for getting the can am was my local dealer opened up one hour early so we could do the paper work. We have a great relatioship, a few yours ago i purchased a 800 renegade XXC from them. So i will be picking it up on Saturday and head out to the desert and see what she has. A good friend builds desert suspension systems for dodge cummins trucks, he is going to film the maverick going through some woops and tune my shocks for me. He does alot of work with king and has done a few razors. If things work out i will have him post some vid. I work across the street from muzzy's and they want my machine to do a little work so i am going to let them have it. Not sure when they will be done but i need it back by April when a local races begin. I am planning on racing. With my past experiance with can am i know i made the right chioce for me.... in a few months somthing will come out and be faster or whatever but the can am will take a beating and that is important to me. Talk to you all later.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site & congrats and the new purchase. I upgraded from a built 880 Teryx and I believe you made a good choice. This Maverick is an impressive machine for Bone stock. I can only imagine how much better it will be when someone starts adding upgrades for racing. Have fun.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the maverick for a nice 3 hour ride today and i now know i made the right decision. I was hitting 3 foot woops at 35 to 40 mph in the tight and twisty trees. I just had a gut feeling that i should get the maverick since my renegade XXC has been a great quad. If you have and doubts, don't... just get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts