Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car in early august and while waiting the three months to arrive, I ordered a ct raceworx gusset kit, shock tower brace and limiter straps. All the parts showed up before the car so I had them powder coated and ready to go when the car arrived. I was planning on installing the gusset kit before I took it out. Well? That didn’t happen. I have about 4 trips on the car and 300 miles or so I figured it was time to get it all put together. I’m not a mechanic by any means but I’m somewhat handy with a wrench. I had a technician at my work help me so I could have two sets of hands. It took us two evenings of about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get it all installed. The only thing I didn’t get on was the limiter straps. When I tried to mock them up, they seemed really short. I understand they will stretch a little but we were running out of time and towards the end. After many swear words, some bloody knuckles and worrying if I was going to have it back together for the weekend, I said screw it and threw them back in the box and finished up. I doubt I will “feel” any difference in the drive but I do know that I will be more confident knowing it’s all on there doing it’s thing. Product went on relatively easy but it would have been nice with some better instructions. They do state to call if encountering any problems during install but with working on it after work, west coast time, they weren’t open so we just had to figure it out. Stuff is beefy and seems really well made. Figment was really nice. I will be ordering a bulkhead or bumper from them soon and probably much more after that. Lol.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire White Hood

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Not sure I agree with that. Jack up the front of your car and the sway bar does NOTHiNG to limit shock travel. For a sway bar to do anything you have to have at least one wheel on the ground.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Unless you plan to run without your front sway bar, limit straps are basically unnecessary as the bar and links will essentially do the same thing.
Negative,,,, take one transition in the dunes with any gusto, or lift the front off the ground while running. You will both hear and feel the shocks hit their mechanical hard stops at full extension.

It's soul crushing!

·
Registered
800 Posts
When I tried to mock them up, they seemed really short.
They are at first go,,, I thought the same thing. Place a jack under the Lower A-arm, tire, whatever, and lift to compress the suspension enough to get the bolts in. Jacking up the other side of the car may work too,,, but under the a-arm worked for me. Do the shock tower brace bolt first, jack up at the a-arm, and insert the A-arm bolt. The straps will stretch a bit (quickly), so don't be too concerned about the length out of the box.

That's what worked for me anyway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice color!
Thanks. That was my wife’s input. She wanted a Tiffany blue Jeep Wrangler. We ended up with hydro blue so doing the x3 up in teal was her consolation. Will have lots of bits in that color. Once I get doors, I will consider wrapping it. It’s not quite Tiffany blue but close enough.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are at first go,,, I thought the same thing. Place a jack under the Lower A-arm, tire, whatever, and lift to compress the suspension enough to get the bolts in. Jacking up the other side of the car may work too,,, but under the a-arm worked for me. Do the shock tower brace bolt first, jack up at the a-arm, and insert the A-arm bolt. The straps will stretch a bit (quickly), so don't be too concerned about the length out of the box.

That's what worked for me anyway.
I will revisit the straps after I get back from this weekends ride.

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
I will revisit the straps after I get back from this weekends ride.
Once you hear the shocks "banging", you'll revisit it real quick!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks good. I'm debating on powered coating my CT stuff a different color before I put it on.

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
Looks good. I'm debating on powered coating my CT stuff a different color before I put it on.
Worked for me! Do it, stand out from others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts