Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now to wire it up! aint no way to squeeze anything over 42" in between the bars, that thing is too dang tight!

1381602_10152005540611732_937755679_n.jpg 1554451_10152005540526732_1339594773_n.jpg

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looks good.. Which one did u go with. I'm thinking or just running a 20 on my front bumper and calling it good

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looks good I knew a 40 would fit, I've seen some good deals on 42's lately but wasn't sure they would fit. Good to know they will fit, looks good

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've always thought tight was good!!!
BTW, install looks good

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can u take pics of mount u used ? I'm wanting to change mine up too from up top of roof. Now that I have half windshield :)

Ps. Those shoes are freaking mean looking !! Wow

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the factory mounts that came with it, the 2014 has a reinforcement plate on the top bars, 1 in front, 1 behind, I drilled 2 holes in the plate in front of the bar, and mounted it there. you will have to reverse the legs on the factory mounting legs, instead of legs facing out, turn the around, they will work fine. When you turn the brackets around, be sure to use a shorter bolt that holds the legs to the light bar, or do like I did, use same length just take a tap and make the the factory screw hole a little deeper.
the light bar I used is one of the ones that comes imported, I got it for around $300, don't remember specs. but like they all say, it is suppose to have cree bulbs.
I wasn't concerned with running a big name light bar or such, im not into that bling factor! , all I wanted was a little extra light, and this thing is just as bright, if not brighter.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill get a pic tonight of how its mounted

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
400 Posts
Awesome, thanks for pics!!!! this helps allot....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very welcome!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Exactly how I plan to mount of 42 with feet inward but I got a 2013 so I'm going to drill through the cage and get longer bolts I think it should work

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep that will work also, I like it under the roof, we ride to many wooded trails and also come close to turning these things on its side and such, so didn't want to worry about breaking it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts