Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out Saturday with the wife as passenger and following the neighbor in his Commander. First impression was like riding my Banshee in the dirt. The suspension is stiff and the rear tires have a hard time getting traction due to all of the power.

Sundays ride was with 4 other guys that ride hard and have fun. I had to drive in 4wd just to keep from looping the Maverick at every tight corner. I did smash the rear skid plate a few times and now need a set of real skids. We drove through some water in the washes and it was refreshing to get wet with the temp around 90* outside. The Mav ran just under 210* all day with zero issues. The front diff pulled great up some rutted out steep hills just fine, I was concerned about not having the QE front diff but now i believe the QE is not needed at all.

I beat on the slippery washer recall and had ZERO issues again.

Now my Mav is all dirty and needs a bath, i think i am going to strip it down and clean it well and have the cage powder coated.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The last time I drove the XRS at Firebird Raceway (rip?) i talked to the CanAm guy about that. We checked the shocks on the unit I drove and basically both the high speed and low speed and compression were at 21 clicks from soft. He handed me a screwdriver and and set them to 5 clicks from soft and it was a different machine.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last time I drove the XRS at Firebird Raceway (rip?) i talked to the CanAm guy about that. We checked the shocks on the unit I drove and basically both the high speed and low speed and compression were at 21 clicks from soft. He handed me a screwdriver and and set them to 5 clicks from soft and it was a different machine.

now for the dunes it is setup almost perfect. I need to adjust the settings a little for the dirt.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've found that when the trail is really rough and technical it's best to take it out of sport mode. Smooths out the power delivery and better for traction since it doesn't jump around so much.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found that when the trail is really rough and technical it's best to take it out of sport mode. Smooths out the power delivery and better for traction since it doesn't jump around so much.
i tried that but when i wanted to goose the throttle and kick the car around there was too much of a delay which i plowed through a bush.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also forgot to mention that power steering is definetly needed in the desert when running in 4wd. I had to death grip the wheel all day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts