Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we did the final test yesterday as it got up to 60 out of the blue in Minnesota. We did a timed 1/4 mile run for stock and with the cat delete. It wasn't an earth shattering difference, but it was faster. We are talking fractions of a second here, so don't expect holy shit differences. The seat of your pants dyno seemed to notice with the cat delete it had a harder time catching traction, fishtailing more etc. The roads here are still coated with sand and crap from the winter, so that didn't help. The solution was to run in 4wd which settled it down.

The biggest difference was when it came time to swap pipes? The cat deleted exhaust cooled to the touch MUCH faster...meaning less heat in the first place. Was amazing how much cooler it was in fact. I believe Hardline is a vendor now....Hardlineutv.com hardline utv custom dash polaris rzr to get the kit.

No performance loss, less heat, 28 pounds lighter...all confirmed.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
great price to

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
MAYBE the Alba option is better. (who knows) But I'm having a real hard time believing it's $200 better. Bang for the buck, my money's on the Hardline offering.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the Dobeck 4 from Hunterworks today...hopefully fix mine. My machine is stupid rich stock or cat delete btw...made no difference at all in the exhaust. As low as 10 under load...god.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
MAYBE the Alba option is better. (who knows) But I'm having a real hard time believing it's $200 better. Bang for the buck, my money's on the Hardline offering.
Only thing I know diff is alba has a Y cross over and the other doesn't

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That said, I think Alba was a little brutally honest on themselves. They say no gains at all...when in likelihood it's like with HardlineUTV's....so small a gain it's almost not worth mentioning. But lighter and cooler...cooler is better no 2 ways about it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
we need u to race a stock maverick ! that would be awesome to see

im in phx az , with a stock maverick with just cat delete and k&N filter, maybe I can find someone with a 100% stock maverick with atleast 500-900 miles so there broke in the same - don't know if it matters but it will just make it more equal as long as u kept up on ur oil and ur machine runs tip top , lol

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Everyone of us whats to get ride of that cat, me to. There is no bang or gains from removing it. All you get is a removal of trapped, extremely hot exhaust gases quicker with the cat delete piping and a little unnoticed weight and you saved a lot of cash by not buying the full exhaust system. But getting that gas out and thru the mufflers needs to be done as equally as possible, hence the Y crossover. Look at any good dual motorcycle exhaust system, there is always a cross over pipe.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The difference was 1 foot pound of torque...that's it. Hardly worth fussing over when the HP gain more than off-sets it. It was really about cost. HardlineUTV isn't getting rich off these. He's more than anything taking on a task to help out the community...which is cool. To add a crossover would increase the cost because the materials and time involved. Alba's should see about the same 2hp gain, and yet not lose the 1 foot pound of torque. Is that worth $200 more? You be the judge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Everyone of us whats to get ride of that cat, me to. There is no bang or gains from removing it. All you get is a removal of trapped, extremely hot exhaust gases quicker with the cat delete piping and a little unnoticed weight and you saved a lot of cash by not buying the full exhaust system. But getting that gas out and thru the mufflers needs to be done as equally as possible, hence the Y crossover. Look at any good dual motorcycle exhaust system, there is always a cross over pipe.
"But getting that gas out and thru the mufflers needs to be done as equally as possible" With HardlineUTV's cat delete kit the header pipes are equal length, give or take a couple inches. We saw no need for the crossover as we were able to produce a functional cat delete kit (reducing heat, better sound, weight loss, and an over all better look) Adding HP was never our intentions, just turned out to be a very small bonus.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Probably because they are not a vendor on this forum. Can't advertise non-supporting vendor aftermarket products on this forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably because they are not a vendor on this forum. Can't advertise non-supporting vendor aftermarket products on this forum.
Just finally got an email back from Doug today with an invoice link. I'll be good to go in 3.....2.......1 ok, tomorrow :wink: I got banners to make.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I ordered the Dobeck 4 from Hunterworks today...hopefully fix mine. My machine is stupid rich stock or cat delete btw...made no difference at all in the exhaust. As low as 10 under load...god.
I tried to order one today, must have been you that took the last one! I had to call alba and get one. Only other place that carried them on the shelf. I will post results with the dobeck 4 and ton woods full system.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
The Gen 4 looks interesting and the price is right but the fact that it only works above 6000 rpm has me outta whack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts