Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything on the market that resembles the OEM Fender flares but that are wider to actually cover the width of the tire. Instead of going with Rokblokz or something similar

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven’t seen em - these are the widest ones Mudbusters make and they still don’t cover the whole tire…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered a set of Rokblokz ones, but like the way the Can Am ones look. Tired searching for wider ones in the Can Am style and came up empty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Extreme Performance makes some that look like factory but are wide. Not as wide as mud busters, but wider then factory. Thats what I'm looking to run on my next machine.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This is what I View attachment 273141
think I'm going with?
Those would last me less than a day ! I keep breaking the little oem ones. I had to scrape of all the tree bark and sap off my roll bars after my mountain trip last weekend, lots of hill climbs where im scraping one side or the other part of the way up.......nothing but grinding and crunching sounds against the plastics :(

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,321 Posts
You can improve the X3 as far as mud slinging. But the X3 is about the worst pain in the ass machine you can buy for getting shit everywhere. And is the worst pain in the ass I've ever seen to clean.

Learned my lessons. If I know I'm going into the nasty stuff I use my Sport.

If I bought an XMR model it would be a Sport over an X3 any day. Everything stays wayyy cleaner in the cab. And the machine takes about 90% less effort to clean over an X3.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
502 Posts
Rocky Mountain has a set of flares that seem to cover pretty well. Haven’t tried them personally.

·
Registered
2022 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo rr 64"/ 2020 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo
10 Posts
You can improve the X3 as far as mud slinging. But the X3 is about the worst pain in the ass machine you can buy for getting shit everywhere. And is the worst pain in the ass I've ever seen to clean.

Learned my lessons. If I know I'm going into the nasty stuff I use my Sport.

If I bought an XMR model it would be a Sport over an X3 any day. Everything stays wayyy cleaner in the cab. And the machine takes about 90% less effort to clean over an X3.
I may actually disagree here when comparing 64” model maverick to the maverick sport. I don’t have any experience with the 72” wide model here in the northeast because it won’t fit through gates, but I can imagine it’s much worse. What I can tell you is my buddy gets hit much harder with mud in his maverick sport with can am oem fender flares than I do in my x3 without fender flares. Both are xrc models so we have the same wheel/tire setup. His entire shoulder is covered on muddy days while I get splattered but not completely covered. Who knows….that’s just my experience.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,321 Posts
I may actually disagree here when comparing 64” model maverick to the maverick sport. I don’t have any experience with the 72” wide model here in the northeast because it won’t fit through gates, but I can imagine it’s much worse. What I can tell you is my buddy gets hit much harder with mud in his maverick sport with can am oem fender flares than I do in my x3 without fender flares. Both are xrc models so we have the same wheel/tire setup. His entire shoulder is covered on muddy days while I get splattered but not completely covered. Who knows….that’s just my experience.
I have the XMR oem fender extensions on my 60" Sport and own a 64" X3 as well.

Not even in the same ballpark in my experience. X3 gets caked to hell its rediculous. Not even close to comparing. Sport stays 100 times cleaner.

Not to mention the X3 fills with mud and water instantly like a sieve. The Sport is much harder to flood with the fairly sealed doors.

And then there's the cleanup. Sport takes about 1/4 the time to get clean. I f*cking hate cleaning heavy mud off the X3 it sucks total ass.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will go off the trail to stay away from mud. Hate it and it is a pain in the ass to clean and when you have to work on the machine the packed dirt just falls all over you and in your eyes.

I wanted something that looks more stock and slick like the Fender Flares but that covers the tires so all the damn rocks aren't flying up and the 3 cities in my area require the Fender flares to cover the wheel per there city ordinance.

May just have to say F it and put the Rokblokz ones on until some company comes out with a legit set that looks and hold up like the Can Am ones

·
Registered
2022 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo rr 64"/ 2020 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo
10 Posts
I have the XMR oem fender extensions on my 60" Sport and own a 64" X3 as well.

Not even in the same ballpark in my experience. X3 gets caked to hell its rediculous. Not even close to comparing. Sport stays 100 times cleaner.

Not to mention the X3 fills with mud and water instantly like a sieve. The Sport is much harder to flood with the fairly sealed doors.

And then there's the cleanup. Sport takes about 1/4 the time to get clean. I f*cking hate cleaning heavy mud off the X3 it sucks total ass.
I think the 4" width difference makes a huge impact here. My buddy's Maverick sport XRC is 64" wide not 60" wide. That 4" width difference is enough to stick the tires outside the coverage of the fender flares. I think the fact that you sit more over the tires opposed to behind the tires makes the difference too. Totally agree on the cleanup though, tons of weird places to clean on the X3....also a much larger machine with more surface area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts