Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a buddy with a talent for making things and solving issues, but I had knee replacement and have been gone a while. How much interest would there be in GOOD high quality fender flares? Anything currently out there yet other than the crappy ones on Ebay? How about a bolt on Cat delete kit? Thanks guys, good to be back. I'll post updates about his interest depending on what I find out from responses here.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall looking at them months ago and they weren't very good, or added much protection though?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I recall looking at them months ago and they weren't very good, or added much protection though?
I think the OEM flares have a good flat surface to add extensions to them if someone could make some extensions that didn't look cheesy I think that would be the ticket or build a similar flare as the OEM but that stick out a bit further.....welcome back and I hope the knee is recovering well...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm interested I some better flares than what the factory is now offering, especially if they are priced reasonably! But need them soon. How quickly is this project going to happen??

·
Registered
182 Posts
X2 on the flares

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my friend is mocking up a cat delete now, I may have pics soon, will keep you posted. I'll pass along the flare needs...I looked at the can am ones again, they aren't going to protect from anything.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well, my friend is mocking up a cat delete now, I may have pics soon, will keep you posted. I'll pass along the flare needs...I looked at the can am ones again, they aren't going to protect from anything.
They barely work if you have stock tires and are heading in a straight line.....turn the wheel or put bigger tires or wider offset wheels and they are beyond useless..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's also going to mock up some vacuum formed fender flares too. He's a genius with this stuff, will keep you all advised...and get pics as soon as I can of anything he does.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
alba has a set of cat/resonator deletes out now and 3/4 exhaust ,

·
Registered
725 Posts
Interested in both. Alba want 400$ for their delete lol there has to be a cheaper alternative

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Interested in both. Alba want 400$ for their delete lol there has to be a cheaper alternative
ya there 350 sale price now, but alex has a set coming out for less

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, not to step on toes..and I know both Alba and CT do a hell of a job but he will try to be lower...least I hope so. $150-$175 he figured as he doesn't have nearly the overhead the bigger shops have. Who knows? Maybe when it gets done it won't be worth his time. As I said, we shall soon see. I hope to have pictures tomorrow to share.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would your cat delete get rid of the resonator? I do like that about the alba kit,,

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe my buddies plan is for 2 straight pipes, again hopefully have pictures tomorrow. If it looks good and you guys want to set up some sort of a group buy, I'll negotiate on your behalf for whoever. =) I don't mind helping my fellow UTV brothers out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well he went and got all fancy on me. So here's the deal. Plan is for product to be available the 17th, 1 week. The fancy part? He's going to do 3 dyno pulls with it on and with it off. I'll have pictures and dyno results to post. I've seen his mock-up and it's bad ass. Plenty of clearance, and no more X in the system. My Maverick is bone stock outside of the cat being removed..so don't expect great numbers. I still have the POS clutch too. I don't know that it will give any gains at all, but it will reduce the heat for sure. I'd be happy with 2hp gained truth told. Pictures and dyno results to come.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in for a reasonably priced cat delete.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts