Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what my fellow canadians experience with shipping from Rocky Mountain would be. Was there much for boarder fees? Just looking to have some tires shipped and looking for the best option and so far they're the cheapest before any additional charges.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You will pay fees at the border.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fedex and USPS will include border fees in the shipping fees.
UPS will pick a random number (always a high one) to charge you at the door, ontop of shipping.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Unfortunately shipping tires kills the financial benefit of buying from Rocky Mountain. And UPS are ridiculous. Last package I got was $80 to broker a $600 package. FYI anything that you can get shipped USPS do it. Canada post doesn't charge the brokerage fees. And I've only ever paid duty a few times. WAY better deal. I'm near Red Deer AB

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know, thanks. Another option I could do is take advantage of the free shipping to Ship Happens in Sumas, Washington and have my brother pick it up and ship it to me

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Or plan a trip to the dunes in Utah and stop by Rocky Mountain on the way there. Its right on the side of I15 on the south side of Salt Lake City. But be warned, the pricing is so good compared to what you see in GP you may go broke saving money.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What tires are you looking for. Been some pretty decent deals on kijiji in Edmonton lately

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally, i'm also looking at getting tires, but paddles for me. My buddy has suggested to just wait until we go down to Idaho and get them from some UTV place right near St. A. I still need to call them and get a quote.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and I'm always looking on Kijiji. I picked up my 30in zillas on 14in ITP SS212 rims, lightly used for $850

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finally, i'm also looking at getting tires, but paddles for me. My buddy has suggested to just wait until we go down to Idaho and get them from some UTV place right near St. A. I still need to call them and get a quote.
I have had very good luck with Pure Adrenaline in Rexburg. They are a small sled/quad performance shop. They have moved since the last time I was down there but the name still pops up in a google search. Rexburg motorsports is a big dealer and if you don't have time to order stuff they have a decent stock. But deffiatly suffer from "Big Store Ego" like some of the ones in Edmonton if you know what I mean
I got an ace in the hole this year tho. I ordered my tires and had them shipped to Yuma to where my inlaws are wintering. CHEAP CHEAP shipping. HAHAHA

·
Registered
99 Posts
Id ordered a twin air filter from these guys a week or two ago and one thing i will say, holy fast shipping!!! Ordered on a friday afternoon and it showed up next next wednesday. For a cross border order to the middle of BC thats crazy fast!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Performance motor sports in Ashton is a really good bunch of guys! They were the only ones to lift a finger when I tweaked a tie rod on day two of our last trip, had it off, broken in the press, rewelded true and on in a hour. Can't thank them enough, saved our trip! Adrenaline in Rexburg was closed up at the old location when we were down there last summer and Rexburg Motorsports usually has a couple hot chicks workin!! I bought my paddles through Fullerton sand sports and had them shipped to UPS in rexburg, worked good.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I guess I just answered my own question. Found this on their website

Shipping to Canada!

*Typical shipping time. Business days.

• We offer a simple, one-rate price to get your order shipped directly to your door. The price you see at checkout is the final price you pay.
  • No hidden charges, extra handling fees, super long delivery times or hassle. Customs fees are already included in the shipping rates below.
  • Typical ship times are 3-6 business days.
  • Your shipping rate is determined on the dollar size of your order in the table below. Your rate will be inserted at checkout.
  • Please note that all prices on our website are in U.S. dollars
  • Sorry, "Fit Guaranteed" program does not apply to International orders.
  • Currency is automatically converted when your credit card is processed. Please Note: Returns are based on the conversion cost at the time of the return, not the time of purchase

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well hells bells. That's a good find.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wallet hates me already, and I haven't even put an order in yet. With a mav and 2 quads, saving money could get very expensive haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts