Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys in the Phoenix area who use the Boulders OHV area, backway to Crown King, or other local spots to wheel?

How does the Maverick do in the conditions there? Any areas that are difficult to negotiate, whether due to lack of ground clearance, suspension travel, power, etc? Do you see all different types of vehicles when you go up there (bikes, 4x4s, buggies, etc?). What's your guess as to the maximum width of a vehicle that can make use of most of the trails (like is much of it dirt bike single track or Maverick width where full size 4x4s can't go)? Would a full size 4x4 or buggy mean that many trails are now too narrow to make use of when contrasted with a Maverick?

I'm interested in knowing about the current conditions there, how often if ever these sites are shut down, or anything else you can share...

I appreciate all the info. I've got family in Peoria/Glendale and am contemplating a variety of possible off-road machines to use in that area (I will be street legal and not initially planning to haul elsewhere).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
i have never been to Crown King but been to Sycamore, Four Peaks, Florance Junction, Montanna Mountain....... mostly east valley stuff. I have never once been in a narrow situation, most of the people out there are hillbillys with a pickup truck or jeep that go out shooting and trashing the desert.

I rode Sycamore every sunday from 98 to 2001 in a quad and we hit every trail out there, they all are big enough to get a K5 blazer down. Most trails will have a bypass around the very tough obstacles.

what ever you get just take the family out and have fun, dont try to keep up with the Jones's it will drain your wallet and 401k.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yes just got back from crown king and boulders hov park funny u ask , i did boulders on my dirt bike and crown king in my rhino ,

boulders u can bring anything u want tons of different trails washes single track ,

crown king has gotten easier if anything and there is by passes around the hard parts where people like to play ! no limits or restrictions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts