Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fedex guy came today and left 2 box on my porch :)
Finaly received my Dragonfire Hiboy doors for my Max :crazy:

Now the hard part is to read the instruction and install does suckers but can't wait to have theme on.

IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2073.JPG IMG_2074.JPG IMG_2075.JPG IMG_2079.JPG

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cool! Just bought my set today. Can hardly wait! Let us know your impressions on install procedure as well as fit and finish.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Took me a while to get mine installed but well worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Took me a while to get mine installed but well worth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
How long did it take you to install them, Glover?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Well I just have the two seat but I would say probably around 4-6 hours if I remember right. Not in a big hurry. Getting all of the plastics off and then getting the bracket mounted inside the inner fender is kind of a big pain in the ass! Very functional once installed and door goes on and off with one bolt.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No cutting is involved. You have to pull the inner plastics under the seats off the rocker panels, the glove box, and the front quarter panels to gain access to everything if I remember right.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah it's really not that difficult. Once the front mounting brace is installed its cake.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
You will love them once they are installed

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sure thing. Anytime

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Glover, do these come with good, useful instructions?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah the instructions for the 2 sweater is like 4-5 pages. They are pretty detailed and have a fair amount of pictures as well!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Only took me about 3 hours to install my Hi Boys... I think they're the best looking mass produced doors on the market. Fitment is super nice. You will need to replace some rivets tho in the rocker panels since you need to drill em out. Plastics took me about 30 mins... First door took about an hour and a half and the second is easy as cake once you figure out how to get the first one on. I think I may replace the silver screws with some black ones tho. Instructions are good... Very easy to understand. Cant comment on the MAX tho since I am sure it may be a little different especially for the rears.

photo.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Not really a door man myself but I understand the dragon fire doors give some leg and elbow room, sure there are others but these do look nice. Hope there is a good latch system and no rattles.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts