Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Feb./ March Rides

9K views 81 replies 15 participants last post by  BLR 
#1 ·
Normally our other group does a March Madness get together.

However this year we're changing it up..

So this year our group is a lot smaller so if anyone wants to join us in AZ these are the places that we planned.

All desert riding.

Winterhaven CA Feb 18th to March 1st.
We camp off of Oligby RD on American girl mine RD..(BLM)

Quartzsite AZ.
March 1st. to 9th.
(State trust land)

Vulture Mine/Wickenburg
March 9th to 16th.
(State Trust land)

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·

So this year our group is a lot smaller so if anyone wants to join us in AZ these are the places that we planned.

All desert riding.

Quartzsite AZ.
March 1st. to 9th.
(State trust land)

Vulture Mine/Wickenburg
March 9th to 16th.
(State Trust land)

Barbara

Retirement sounds amazing!

#4 ·
I think we may do a ride to Crown King as well.

They mentioned going and I thought we could the back way alternate if we do. I like that way much better.

Tim

Reactions: Extrememc
#7 ·

All desert riding.

Quartzsite AZ.
March 1st. to 9th.
(State trust land)

Vulture Mine/Wickenburg
March 9th to 16th.
(State Trust land)

Barbara

Oh Yeah, Quartzsite, The Good, the Bad, and Ugly segment of the Peace Trail is what I would like to explore.
Vulture Mine and the Wickenburg Mountains to visit Bradshaw's grave and Copperoplis Mine and Townsite are a few places I haven't been yet.

#22 ·
Good morning everybody,
Just wanted to reach out if anyone is interested. I believe we are camping at Lake Pleasant next friday the 17th and will be Making the journey Up to Crown King. (Backway to Crown King). Have noticed two or more large groups doing that run within the last month and it looks Very cool to say the least.

So far I believe we are camping Friday night and then heading out early Saturday morning on the trail.
We will hit Crown king. Hang out and head back to camp at Lake pleasant for 1 more night.
If anyone has any input, please let me know. Or if you would like to Join Any of those Days that would be sweet.

#24 ·
Good morning everybody,
Just wanted to reach out if anyone is interested. I believe we are camping at Lake Pleasant next friday the 17th and will be Making the journey Up to Crown King. (Backway to Crown King). Have noticed two or more large groups doing that run within the last month and it looks Very cool to say the least.

So far I believe we are camping Friday night and then heading out early Saturday morning on the trail.
We will hit Crown king. Hang out and head back to camp at Lake pleasant for 1 more night.
If anyone has any input, please let me know. Or if you would like to Join Any of those Days that would be sweet.
Not 100% sure yet but we might be able to go on this. Going off of your posts I think you would like the traditional way the most . It has some good obstacles to climb. We've done them all in both the jeep and the X3. We usually go the longer route in the x3 due to traffic and well its longer. I do like the traditional way and would gladly go that way. I think anyone that goes to CK should experience the traditional way if they've never been. I will say expect to get muddy, no doubt about it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.