Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
A couple that rides with us is from MI. They spend 6 months in the SW

Barbara

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
i'm already checking out rigs to do what you guys do and we are only 40 lol. might be cheaper just to buy a house next to mega or tim lol

Good morning everybody,
Just wanted to reach out if anyone is interested. I believe we are camping at Lake Pleasant next friday the 17th and will be Making the journey Up to Crown King. (Backway to Crown King). Have noticed two or more large groups doing that run within the last month and it looks Very cool to say the least.

So far I believe we are camping Friday night and then heading out early Saturday morning on the trail.
We will hit Crown king. Hang out and head back to camp at Lake pleasant for 1 more night.
If anyone has any input, please let me know. Or if you would like to Join Any of those Days that would be sweet.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
We're going to Crown King and staying at the cabins for 2 nights. 23rd and 24th.

Barbara

Good morning everybody,
Just wanted to reach out if anyone is interested. I believe we are camping at Lake Pleasant next friday the 17th and will be Making the journey Up to Crown King. (Backway to Crown King). Have noticed two or more large groups doing that run within the last month and it looks Very cool to say the least.

So far I believe we are camping Friday night and then heading out early Saturday morning on the trail.
We will hit Crown king. Hang out and head back to camp at Lake pleasant for 1 more night.
If anyone has any input, please let me know. Or if you would like to Join Any of those Days that would be sweet.
Not 100% sure yet but we might be able to go on this. Going off of your posts I think you would like the traditional way the most . It has some good obstacles to climb. We've done them all in both the jeep and the X3. We usually go the longer route in the x3 due to traffic and well its longer. I do like the traditional way and would gladly go that way. I think anyone that goes to CK should experience the traditional way if they've never been. I will say expect to get muddy, no doubt about it!

Dang it.so close.
We're going to Crown King and staying at the cabins for 2 nights. 23rd and 24th.

Barbara

Dang it. So close..
The Kiddos are back to school that week but I would have loved to go with you guys.

Not 100% sure yet but we might be able to go on this. Going off of your posts I think you would like the traditional way the most . It has some good obstacles to climb. We've done them all in both the jeep and the X3. We usually go the longer route in the x3 due to traffic and well its longer. I do like the traditional way and would gladly go that way. I think anyone that goes to CK should experience the traditional way if they've never been. I will say expect to get muddy, no doubt about it!
That sounds like a plan. If you guys can make it, would you mind leading? If you can't make it that is ok there is always a next time but based off your recommendation, I think the traditional way it is. 👍

Would you happen to have any coordinates or way points as far as where it starts? Wondering if the other trail would be too far from the lake?

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Dang it.so close.

Dang it. So close..
The Kiddos are back to school that week but I would have loved to go with you guys.
Ya that's why we waited till spring break is over.

We may stay at Lake Pleasant after the 30th of March.

We have an appointment at Shock Therapy on the 28th to get our shocks rebuilt.

We have no agenda after the 30th.

Barb

Would you happen to have any coordinates or way points as far as where it starts? Wondering if the other trail would be too far from the lake?
The longer route starts the same way as the traditional way. It just goes out to the west more before it turns north. The alternate way is 42 miles compared to about 27mi. We have made this run several different ways to mix it up .
One way takes you by the Castle hot springs resort. We could do the traditional way up then take the longer route back with a twist to go by the resort so you could see it. It's hard to see alot of it because your in a wash and the resort sits up a bit. But it is cool to see. I should have an answer tonight if we can go. No problem leading if we make it . I think we'll be able to go.

AKA the AZ. train station

It's on the Bouse side NE quadrant..
4 peaks area

Barbara

Ah I was over that way a month ago spent two days over there back and forth over the pole line over Blacks Peak where the Radio towers are. To the 4 way than and down behind the Dump Im thinking a drive is in order over to the fisherman did your crew go there ?

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Ah I was over that way a month ago spent two days over there back and forth over the pole line over Blacks Peak where the Radio towers are. To the 4 way than and down behind the Dump Im thinking a drive is in order over to the fisherman did your crew go there ?
Yes we did.

Barbara
Sky Cloud Outdoor recreation Mountain Plant

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Discussion starter · #40 ·
Thanks for the fun rides, and for putting up with us 3. Jack acts like he misses his little dog to pick on.
All the pups were dead tired tonight.
Such a fun week in the desert.

Barbara
Dog Carnivore Felidae Fawn Small to medium-sized cats

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.