Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been workin of trying to get this Setup I wanted...We shall see what is does..Took a bit and came with some agravation but Im thinkin it will be awesome to have all I want in one shock combo... Talked to Fox today and they WILL be offering the same Gold Series Shocks that you saw on UTV underground to the Public w/ no BAC...I will be trying those on the next mav thats in my garage ready to build for comparison....Thanks for the Input from all that contributed...

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
How much did that setup run? Wanting to do mine some day.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
So pretty much the setup here is FCR valving with my spring setup. I can put my valving in it with the same spring package for about $1450

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
$1050 for 8 springs, 4 sliders and 8 crossover rings.
Be careful of some of the sliders and rings out there. We've actually seen sliders that will go over the crossover rings and get stuck so make sure you get quality parts. The sliders and crossovers that I use are Fox and the springs are Eibach or Pac.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the pricing, do you also have the Schrader conversion items? I'm figuring out the details of a full WORCS race build and want to get all the info I can.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hheeyyyy

wheres the part #, lol jk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
How about a bit more info for the uninformed out here. It looks like 2 separate springs, is the crossover ring what is separating them and does that slide up and down the shock making the 2 springs work as 1? Is this what you were talking about when you previously referred to a compound spring or dual rate or something like that? Are those stock shocks valved and re sprung or a different shock altogether?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Yes it is refered to as a dual rate setup. Two springs with a slider in between. The springs act as one until the slider hits the crossover ring and then then shock uses the lower spring only. When both springs are active the spring rate is calculated thus:
(S1 X S2) / (S1 + S2) .

With this setup shown you can adjust where the springs transfer and is the preferred method of dual rate. Most UTV Dual rate setups the sliders needs to bottom out on the top spring retainer to transfer. You can only adjust by changing the preload, the length of the top spring or the length of the slider top coller.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flexin- Ill be postin up results when i get them dialed in...I really think these are goina be sweet... I did LOTS of reaserch and educating myself before choosing whats on my car... I can tell u that dual rates with stop rings WILL take much more time to dial in than standard single rate- But in my opinion will be awesome in the end... My car is 390# heavier than stock with all my shit... And no passengers... It will amaze u how much added weight acc. will add then count cooler and every thing and spring from there...I got many opinions on this setup from lots of people that know there shit....this is a combo of what many said with slight variation... Not much testing has been done with dual rates on mav..... So i figure since i had nothin better to do ill do the reaserch and yall can draw ur own opinion... In the next couple week ill be buying foxes primo Gold series shocks and will test those too just because I have a good opportunity and a customer that will spent the $ :)........ I really think that Alex or Bob will have the best valving because they actually give a shit what people think... Everyones experience will be different.... with personal setups but ill give honest reviews of it all with my riding style....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372128722.389776.jpg

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yes it is refered to as a dual rate setup. Two springs with a slider in between. The springs act as one until the slider hits the crossover ring and then then shock uses the lower spring only. When both springs are active the spring rate is calculated thus:
(S1 X S2) / (S1 + S2) .

With this setup shown you can adjust where the springs transfer and is the preferred method of dual rate. Most UTV Dual rate setups the sliders needs to bottom out on the top spring retainer to transfer. You can only adjust by changing the preload, the length of the top spring or the length of the slider top coller.
That clears it up pretty good. I take it the crossovers are the 2 rings inside the short spring and are adjustable just like the preload locking rings. Looks pretty trick and seems like it should work similar to the high speed and low speed compression adjusters on the shocks (at least after ours are revalved).

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Correct, the crossover rings are adjustable so we can move them to adjust ride characteristics and handling. I've been running dual rate for several months now and its a great setup.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have any shock bushings they want to sell before I have to drop on new ones? When upgrading your suspension make sure you deal with people that have there shit together! This message is NOT pointed at AReed-

Sick of Fuckin Around

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are spherical bearings retained by snap rings, not bushings. You can remove them, measure, and order from most off-road race supply places. Get good teflon lined ones not the cheapest you can find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts